Pre-sales question - capturing customer's CC details then charging them later

Mitchell Kwan

20 Jan, 2016 09:35 PM

I’d like to be able to simply capture the customer’s credit card information (and not charge them anything) when they place a booking on my website. Then, when I receive a booking in my system, I call them up to verify the details, upsell on any addons, and then automatically bill them on the date of their cleaning – is this possible?

Here's the above scenario more specific to my website:

GIVEN I am on the booking page of the Maid2Match website (https://maid2match.co.nz/booking-page/)
AND I select ‘4 Bedroom Home’ and ‘3 Bathrooms‘ (under ‘Choose Your Service’)
AND select ‘Inside the fridge +$49’ (under ‘Select Extras’)
AND select ‘Every week’ (under ‘How Often’)
AND all other mandatory fields have been filled
WHEN I select the ‘BOOK NOW’ button
THEN I will be redirected to a Hosted Page
AND the Hosted Page will have form fields for me to enter my credit card details
AND I when I press the ‘Complete booking’ button
THEN I will return to the Maid2Match Thank You For Booking page (https://maid2match.co.nz/thank-you-for-booking/)
AND my credit card will NOT be charged

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 21 Jan, 2016 05:25 PM

Hi Mitchell,

Yes, I think this model is a great candidate for our tracked items system. Additionally you can collect card information for a sign-up and not bill them right away; however, there are many other variables that will influence you to configure our service.

Questions:
    * Are your customer billed on the same frequency or are they billed on a different frequency based on cleaning frequency? * Or is the billing always initiated by you? * How do you want to distinguish plans? Type of house? Frequency of cleaning? One plan in CG and then just use tracked items to create price variations? * Do you prices increase linearly? ie. each room costs X dollars, each bathroom costs Y dollars it seems like they do? This is good. However, I can't figure out how the prices change based on billing frequency.

i may be able to give you a better configuration suggestion if I understood you pricing structure a bit better.

Best,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by Mitchell Kwan on 21 Jan, 2016 10:06 PM

Hi Drew

In answer to your questions;

· Are your customer billed on the same frequency or are they billed on a different frequency based on cleaning frequency?

o Customers are billed on a different frequency based on cleaning frequency – either one off, every week, every 2 weeks, or every 4 weeks

· Or is the billing always initiated by you?

o Yes

· How do you want to distinguish plans? Type of house? Frequency of cleaning? One plan in CG and then just use tracked items to create price variations?

o Most likely the last one. Either that, or by house size (e.g. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and then tracked items for variations such as ‘Deep clean +$85’, ‘Inside Oven clean +$49’). What do you think would be the best? Bearing in mind that I plan to increase prices every 4-6 months or so over time for ‘3 bedroom, 2 bathroom’ and all other house configurations

· Do you prices increase linearly? ie. each room costs X dollars, each bathroom costs Y dollars it seems like they do? This is good. However, I can't figure out how the prices change based on billing frequency.

o Yes, after a base rate, both bathrooms and bedrooms increase incrementally by $24 per additional bathroom/bedrooms

o Discounts are provided depending on the frequency of service and thus billing frequency:

§ Weekly clean = Weekly Billing = 15% off

§ Every 2 weeks clean = Every 2 weeks billing = 10% off

§ Every 4 weeks clean = Every 4 weeks = 5% off

I like the possibility of capturing card information (after they hit the ‘book now’ button at the bottom of the booking page https://maid2match.co.nz/booking-page/).

Is it possible that the card capture page allow for the following:

· To display the estimated price of the service, from the Booking page (see image at the bottom of this email)

· To NOT display a list of possible plans

· To NOT allow the customer to select a different plan or alter their price in any way

· To display a line of text which clearly states:

o That the their credit card will not be charged until the date of the booking

o That the price is an INDICATION only

o That they will receive a phone call within 1 hour of the booking to verify the details

· After completing all mandatory fields and clicking the ‘Complete’ button, they will be displayed the ‘Thankyou for Booking’ page (https://maid2match.co.nz/thank-you-for-booking/)

Interested to know your configuration suggestion.

Cheers
    Mitchell.

Image from booking page displaying estimated price:

[cid:[email blocked]]

3. 3 Posted by Mitchell Kwan on 22 Jan, 2016 02:46 AM

Hi Drew

Have another query. This was raised by my contact at eWay, whom I was planning on using as the payment gateway:
    Hi Mitchell,

As discussed around recurring in NZ you would need to ask the team how to make recurring work with eWAY as our recurring API is not available in NZ.

You would need to use a third party app like chargify to send through the info to eWAY to generate a token ID.

kind regards,

Joel Crook
    Sales Team Leader
    eWAY New Zealand Ltd
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

4. 4 Posted by Drew Songer on 25 Jan, 2016 07:38 PM

Hi Mitchell,

After considering your responses, I think the best way to structure your plans is by the cleaning frequency. Therefore, you would have one plan for each frequency. Then you would use tracked items to create price variation for number or rooms/bathrooms and other add-ons. The tracked item overage values are defined on the plan level; therefore, cleaning per room for a one-time cleaning would cost $24, but cleaning once a week may would cost $20.40 per room(15% off).

With that said, you are going to want to use the API for this implementation rather than hosted payment pages because there is a lot of tracked item variability. Then you will have full control over the user experience when you gather information, because you can build the interface for doing so to your specifications. I would suggest having you developer take a look at our API documentation. Our sample integration roadmap is another great resource.

In regards to the email from eWAY, when you collect payment information and pass it to us via API the card number is tokenized and stored in the gateway. That token is used for future transactions.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Drew

5. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 03:11 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM