Is it posible to import a customer in a Plan having set up Charge But in first Invoice No set Up Fee get charged

Kamal Garg

22 Dec, 2015 12:28 PM

Helllo Team,

I have a customer who has already paid set up fee by cash. I want to import that customer in my cheddar getter account via import URl /customers/import/productCode/PRODUCT_CODE
I am sending all parameter required parameters. I am sending plan code in which there is set up fee and monthly reccuring fee. But i want that for that customer only monthly fee get charged in first invoice . I donot want to charge set up fee for that customer. Please advice

Regards
Kamal Garg

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 22 Dec, 2015 02:59 PM

Hi Kamal,

Setup fees are applied during import as follows:

When the subscribed pricing plan includes a setup fee on the initial invoice, the setup fee will be added to the initial invoice upon import. If the setup fee is configured to bill immediately on signup but the initial recurring invoice is configured to be billed later, the setup fee is ignored during import.

If your plan is configured to bill during the import as described above, and you'd like to avoid charging said configured setup fee, you have a couple of options:

1. You might consider removing the setup fee configuration from your pricing plans until after you've completed the import. The setup fee configuration is only in play during initial import. If you add setup fee configuration later, your existing customer records in CheddarGetter will not be affected.
    2. You may alternatively add it as a custom credit to the initial invoice during import to make the net setup fee amount zero.
  2. 2 Posted by Yashu Tyagi on 24 Dec, 2015 11:28 AM

Hii Drew,

Thank you for your reply.

I have changed Plan configuration and removed the configuration for set up fee from that plan , Then I imported a customer to that plan with future date of intial invoice . Then initial invoice is showing only plan monthly fee .This is as expected . But as I changed plan configuration and add set set up configuration in plan again and again come to the initial invoice ,Now it is showing set up fee in the invoice to be paid. As you have mentioned in you last mail that
    "you might consider removing the setup fee configuration from your pricing plans until after you've completed the import. The setup fee configuration is only in play during initial import. "

Is it means this line will be applicable only for the customer whose initilal invoice has been changed?

But my requirement is to removed the set up fee from initilal invoice . I do not want to add charge or credit to the invoices . So could you please advice me any other solution .

Thanks for support !!

Regards
    Kamal Garg

3. 3 Posted by Drew Songer on 28 Dec, 2015 03:46 PM

Is it means this line will be applicable only for the customer whose initial invoice has been changed?

If you turn off the setup configuration, import customers(basically the same as creating new ones), and then turn on the setup configuration, the recently created customer's invoice should not reflect a setup fee. Setup fees can only be applied during the creation of a customer. Because there was no setup charge during the creation of the customer, the invoice should not reflect one. If you are seeing this, it must be a bug. However, I created a customer similarly in a testing environment and it seems to work.

With that said, you can also create a 100% off promotion that will only apply to the setup fee. This should eliminate the possibility of a setup being charged. Just include the promo code when you import the customer. You can create this promotion here.

4. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:33 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM