Can I change Currency of billing? / Can I offer discount on each billing plan?

John Frank

12 Aug, 2015 08:18 AM

Hi Support

John here from Polygon Technologies . . .

I am currently busy playing with CheddarGetter and I am enjoying its ease of use thus far, however I have run into 2 snags so far:

a) Can I change the currency in which the platform bills the client? For our local clients it should bill them in ZAR (South African Rands) & for all our international clients it should bill them in USD, is this possible?

b) We have several types of clients, I need them to indicate what type of client they are when signing up [i.e. End user, Agent, System Integrator (SI), System Integrator Partner(SIP) & Distributor].
We need this functionality as each of these client types will receive a different level of discount from us, we will need to approve that the client has indeed indicate the correct category.

Is the above functionality plausible?

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 12 Aug, 2015 02:08 PM

Hi John,

a) Can I change the currency in which the platform bills the client? For our local clients it should bill them in ZAR (South African Rands) & for all our international clients it should bill them in USD, is this possible?

The currency is a gateway setting that you will configure when you go LIVE. However, each live account is capable of billing in one currency. You will need to have two account so you can distinguish the currency between your domestic and international clients.

b) We have several types of clients, I need them to indicate what type of client they are when signing up [i.e. End user, Agent, System Integrator (SI), System Integrator Partner(SIP) & Distributor]. We need this functionality as each of these client types will receive a different level of discount from us, we will need to approve that the client has indeed indicate the correct category.

The short answer is yes. The long answer is a bit more complicated as it depends on how the relationship between your clients is structured. I'll assume each of these clients signs up and is billed independently of the the other clients; therefore, it would probably be simplest to create a separate pricing plan for each type of client. You can then create promotions that are only available to specific plans(client types).

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Best,
    Drew

2. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM