Parse

Cavan

23 Jul, 2015 05:42 PM

Hi.

New to this and trying to understand the process.
Essentially, we have an SDK that we're providing to users and we'd like to be able to charge a one-time fee as well as bill monthly based on tiered usage (0 - 1000, 1000 - 10000, etc). We currently collect the user data in Parse. How would you implement this if you were me using your platform? What's the best way to integrate what I'd like to do with Cheddar Getter.

Cavan

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 23 Jul, 2015 08:02 PM

Hi Cavan,

Typically, our clients integrate CheddarGetter directly with their application and our billing engine does the data tracking. Our tracked items feature makes this possible. We collect the data directly from your application rather than a third party, does that sound like something that would work for you?

Best,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by Cavan on 23 Jul, 2015 08:06 PM

That’s the issue: we don’t offer an app, we’ve built a device native SDK.
    I need to be able to either align the tracked items somewhere in our SDK or on our database. Thoughts?

Cavan
    CEO // cofounder

FocusMotion <http://www.focusmotion.io/>
    Every Move Matters™

3. 3 Posted by Drew Songer on 24 Jul, 2015 01:52 PM

Just to be clear, by app I mean the application that is receiving the data that you are using to create bills, not an iPhone, Android, or other device app. This may very well be your database. It may be best to schedule a short call to talk about your current workflow to see how our service would work most efficiently. What does your schedule look like?

Best,
    Drew

4. 4 Posted by Cavan on 27 Jul, 2015 03:47 AM

Drew.

Would love to do a call tomorrow afternoon PST if you can swing it. What time works for you?

btw, I’m not the engineer that will be implementing this. Your service came recommended and I wanted to be comfortable with the details before we began an engagement.

Cavan
    CEO // cofounder

Every Move Matters™

5. 5 Posted by Drew Songer on 27 Jul, 2015 02:07 PM

Cavan,

As long as you can explain the general workflow of data collection for your current billing, we should be all right on the call. We shouldn't need to get too technical, nor am I the right person to have that conversation with. How does 1:00 pm PST sound? Can I reach you at the number listed above?

Drew

6. 6 Posted by Cavan on 27 Jul, 2015 03:47 PM

Sure.
    Hit me up. Looking fwd.

Cavan
    CEO // cofounder

Every Move Matters™

7. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM