Prepay Options

david.ells

10 May, 2010 02:59 PM

Does cheddar plan on implementing prepay options in the future?

As an alternative to a more native solution, we've considered an idea where a customer would be attached to two plans, one with an annual upfront recurring charge (the prepay fee) and another which has no recurring charge but monthly overage limits. Does this seem like a feasible solution to having a monthly subscription, prepaid for a year, that would include overage logic?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 May, 2010 03:06 PM

Hmm... I don't think I'm entirely following you. I'm sure what you want to do is possible but I'd like to better understand the effect you want to achieve. I think you want to have customers pay up front for credits and then use CG to track the usage over time. What's confusing is the annual/monthly stuff.

2. 2 Posted by david.ells on 10 May, 2010 03:30 PM

Well I suppose ideally we would want to allow a customer to prepay any number of months on an otherwise normal monthly plan. But if we narrow that down to allowing them to prepay, for example, a year's worth of monthly payments, I was thinking we may be able to achieve that with multiple plans, one which had an annual recurring charge, the other which was an otherwise free plan but had overage limits (and potential costs) month to month.

Alternative to this solution, is it possible in any other way to prepay several recurring payments on an otherwise normal month to month plan?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 May, 2010 06:20 PM

I suppose you could manage this with a single plan with a custom one-time charge and tracked items.

So, at signup, you issue the charge for the amount of the prepayment and the plan would be configured to track the usage limits. If the customer hits a usage limit, they would either be billed for overage or you could require another prepayment. At the end of the year, you would issue another custom charge for the prepayment.

Alternative to this solution, is it possible in any other way to prepay several recurring payments on an otherwise normal month to month plan?

Not at this time, but that would be theoretically possible with our upcoming one-time custom invoice feature.

4. 4 Posted by david.ells on 10 May, 2010 07:58 PM

Woops, I've forgotten again to mark the question public sorry. Can you do that or is there some way for me to?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 May, 2010 08:20 PM

Just did. Thanks.

6. david.ells closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2011 06:09 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac