Manual billing

john

10 May, 2010 02:35 PM

I've been tinkering with a sample account on CheddarGetter trying to see if it will work for my needs. We would like to start using CG with little to no API integration. We might integrate more later, but initially we would like the ability to manually bill people.

We use recurring billing, but it's dynamic based on usage and credits. My idea is to use a "Free" plan and add charges manually. This way we can import accounts without charging them and store all their billing details securely.

Does this make sense?

Also, are customers "invoiced" ? I'm assuming it's more of a receipt that an invoice if they have a credit card on file. Are they invoiced or sent a receipt even if they are on a Free plan?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 May, 2010 03:02 PM

We would like to start using CG with little to no API integration. We might integrate more later, but initially we would like the ability to manually bill people.

No problem -- all of the API functionality is available in the GUI.

We use recurring billing, but it's dynamic based on usage and credits. My idea is to use a "Free" plan and add charges manually. This way we can import accounts without charging them and store all their billing details securely.

Does this make sense?

It sure does but CG wouldn't technically consider the plan "free" if it's possible to add custom charges.

Also, are customers "invoiced" ? I'm assuming it's more of a receipt that an invoice if they have a credit card on file.

That's exactly correct. Customers are automatically billed and they receive the invoice as a receipt.

Are they invoiced or sent a receipt even if they are on a Free plan?

Yes, but there is an option to not send the receipt/invoice if they did not incur any charges on their subscription in the previous billing cycle.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 10 May, 2010 03:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM