Subscription Cancellation

Ronit

07 May, 2010 02:47 PM

When a customer cancels their subscription, does this take affect immediately or at the end of the billing cycle?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 May, 2010 02:58 PM

It takes effect immediately. Enabling delayed cancellation is on our todo list. Do you need that?

2. 2 Posted by Ronit on 07 May, 2010 03:00 PM

Yes, especially if it's an annual subscription. Cancellation should only happen at the end of the billing year. otherwise we're going to have to issue a refund...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 May, 2010 03:58 PM

Ok -- we'll put it on the short list. What's your timeline for implementation of delayed cancellations?

4. 4 Posted by chad.thiele on 05 Oct, 2010 11:03 AM

I recently started developing an app that will use CG, coming from a PayPal background, I was actually surprised this wasn't already in there.

An end-of-term push notification is HUGE in my opinion. It's an essential selling point when telling developers "we make it easier for you". This way, we don't have to roll our own routines to check canceled subscriptions.

Please elevate, if my opinion matters. :)

Looking through histories of push notification requests, it looks like you guys are doing a good job responding and developing the requested push notifications quickly.

While I'm at it, another push notification would really round out this service:

• notify our apps when a credit card is 7, 3, and 1 day from expiring.

I have to localize my app, notification of these events will really help a ton!

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by chris on 06 Oct, 2010 07:07 PM

Yes, this is a problem for us too, and I know we're one of your biggest customers.

However, what would be even better is to implement the ability to give away bonus tracked items instead of money. We're generally all SAAS products, and usually it's a lot better for us to give away something that doesn't cost anything/much to make than it is to give away money, which impacts top line revenue.

6. 6 Posted by chad.thiele on 06 Oct, 2010 10:14 PM

If your customer cancels billing, the invoice remains but says canceled. If the customer were to re-subscribe, it wouldn't charge him until the time the original invoice would have next billed him.

Does that make sense?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Oct, 2010 09:25 PM

Chad -- I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here... Your statement is correct. If the current invoice bill date is in the future, they will be billed on that bill date.

8. 8 Posted by chad.thiele on 08 Oct, 2010 12:47 AM

Sorry, it was late and I thought I was helping out the op/other commenters. :)

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Oct, 2010 12:39 PM

Ah, I see. I thought it was a question. Thanks for participating!

10. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2012 03:09 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM