wufoo forms

's Avatar

info

23 Mar, 2010 09:29 PM

First, is there a built-in form that I can embed or link in my website? Chargify.com has this built-in and easy to find, can't find it here. I am assuming there isn't one.....

Alternatively, is there a stp by step on how to use a wufoo form to 'pass' the information to cheddargetter?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 23 Mar, 2010 10:36 PM

We don't currently offer a hosted form but it's on the drawing board.

Interesting thought on using wufoo. We'll have to look into that, however, my sense is that there's enough benefit in writing your own to warrant that effort. It's fairly straightforward. We've done it here for about a dozen of our apps. Have you looked at the API wrappers?

2. 2 Posted by Josh on 24 Mar, 2010 03:36 AM

thanks for the quick response.
    Re writing code: I have a rudimentary knowledge of API wrappers and such, but not enough to write anything like that. My level of expertise basically ends at embeding pre-designed code (i.e. a wufoo form) into a web page.

We are a non-profit, and we are looking for a good solution to create a recurring monthly giving program. I really think your website is great (good pricing structure, great user interface) it is really hard for non-developers like myself to integrate the service. I like how wufoo has a built-in way to send info to another service (ie mailchimp, etc).

I am sure I can cobble something together (I have done so before), but it really takes up a lot of time to hack a solution together thru trial and error.

It would be so great when you guys get a hosted form-- it really bring this application to the next level. Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Mar, 2010 04:18 PM

Josh -- We definitely agree that a hosted form is an important improvement for CheddarGetter. We're working on it. I thought about Wufoo for a while and decide it falls just short of working. What is your timeline for a solution to your subscription billing setup?

4. 4 Posted by Josh on 24 Mar, 2010 05:22 PM

Well, timeline is a bit fuzzy....we needed a solution for months... and now we have a fundraising event this weekend which I had hoped to be ready for, but I have decided to have donors fill out paper forms for now, and manually enter information in later. Next week I will have more time to thoroughly research the complexities and issues of each solution.

So really by the end of next week I'll have to make a decision on which company to choose. Your pricing structure is much more attractive, and I like your product overall, but, to be honest, no hosted forms might kill the deal for me.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Mar, 2010 08:45 PM

I see. You can certainly use CG in a manual capacity until the hosted form is available. It is our very top priority for large projects. We hope to have something available inside of 60 days.

6. 6 Posted by Steve on 18 Jan, 2011 07:45 PM

Just following up to this discussion-- is something like this available now?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jan, 2011 10:59 PM

Hi Steve -- We are currently in development on hosted forms. We expect to release that feature in the context of a large project we've been working on. The currently goal is by the end of March. The hosted pages project was on the back burner for most of the latter part of 2010 but we're full steam ahead now.

8. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM