PayPal error 589039

Jonathan Benassaya

13 Jan, 2015 08:07 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: how can I change the email address for cheddar monthly invoice sent to?

Hi,

I have the same issue with some users:
The transaction was declined: error: 422 auxCode: 6000 => 589039:The email address xxxxx is invalid. It may not be registered in PayPal's system yet

So, my questions are:
- Can i get this error message via your API to display it to the user? - Have you a way to redirect user to the right page in paypal to fix it by himself? - How can i fix this issue for a current user?

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Jan, 2015 08:18 PM

Hi Jonathan -- this is a separate issue so I've split it to it's own thread.

Can i get this error message via your API to display it to the user?

No, we don't currently have a way to get the underlying PayPal decline reason text to the end user -- it's usually very cryptic and confusing. This one is no exception.

Have you a way to redirect user to the right page in paypal to fix it by himself? How can i fix this issue for a current user?

No, we don't know how to fix it. It comes up very infrequently and doesn't make sense because the account is registered with PayPal. The best thing to do would be for you to inquire with PayPal as to the reason for the error. Also, if you can get the end user to do the same, that might help. The best place for a merchant to post a question is here: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/

2. 2 Posted by Jonathan Benass... on 13 Jan, 2015 08:22 PM

Thank you for your reply!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Jan, 2015 08:25 PM

No problem. Please let us know what you find. I suspect a bug in PayPal...

4. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM