Variable VAT rate for VATMOSS

Nathan Hawes

28 Nov, 2014 09:33 PM

Hi,

On the 1st of Jan all EU entities that sell digital products and services are required to collect VAT on the customer's country instead of our country which means we need to be able to set 75(!!!) different rates of VAT for the 28 EU.

Is there a way to set an individual VAT rate for a customer?

1. 1 Posted by Nathan Hawes on 07 Dec, 2014 11:45 AM

It'll be good to get an update on how Cheddargetter can support this as we have only 23 days left to implement a solution.

I don't want to be "that guy" but if this isn't possible then we're going to have to remove Cheddargetter from our products. Without supporting multiple VAT rates it essentially means that we (or anyone else using Cheddargetter) are technically unable to sell to the EU unless they can collect VAT from their customers.

2. 2 Posted by Nathan Hawes on 17 Jan, 2015 04:44 PM

OK... I may have solved my own problem and thought I should post a follow up for others who may run into the same issue.

Essentially VAT for us in Europe no longer a single rate but is individually set for each customer depending on their country.

We use Stripe for another product and leverage on the 'invoice.created' webhook event. I thought that Cheddargetter didn't have this event but after reading the API it appears that it does exist. So the mechanism here is to listen out for the SubscriptionBillable event, calculate the VAT for the customer and add this to their invoice.

3. Nathan Hawes closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2015 04:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM