Tracked Items at Signup?

Miles

23 Dec, 2011 09:09 AM

I am using tracked items as an "addon" feature. I want my customers to select these addons from the beginning. The "Setting Up Hosted Payments Pages" setup guide says that "advanced API features such as Tracked Items and One Time Invoices can also be integrated," and "You can, however, mix and match the functionality of the Hosted Payment Pages with the functions of the API." (http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/hosted-payment-pages/hosted-pay...)

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. I am able to generate invoices via the API with tracked items, but I can't figure out how to add tracked items to the first invoice from the hosted payment page. If I can't do that, then I will need to collect their payment information myself to send an API call, which I would rather avoid because of PCI compliance etc. So my question is...How do I add tracked items to the hosted payment page when the customer signs up?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 24 Dec, 2011 11:55 PM

Hi Miles -- It's not possible to register tracked item quantities prior to signup in the hosted pages. You can add quantities via the API only. You might consider creating the subscription via the API (with tracked item quantities) prior to sending the customer to the hosted pages to provide payment information.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Dec, 2011 05:57 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM