Hosted Website payments pro and Cheddar getter in Australia

's Avatar

mbullen

05 Dec, 2011 05:00 AM

We want to use cheddar getter to manage our subscriptions and Paypal website payments pro which is available hosted in australia. Our site will be taking subscriptions internationally. Is this currently possible? I have become a bit confused reading some of the posts. I understand it is not possible to use cheddar gateway in australia at this stage.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Dec, 2011 06:05 PM

Hi Michael -- We currently can support Australian merchants using PaymentExpress as the gateway.

2. 2 Posted by Mick on 05 Dec, 2011 10:45 PM

Thanks Marc,

Just to confirm then Paypal website payments pro is not an option for Australian merchants at this stage.

Do you have any thoughts on or plans to support WorldPay? Like other posters trying to avoided the NAB mechant account impost we are saddled with in Australia.

Cheers

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Dec, 2011 03:27 PM

Just to confirm then Paypal website payments pro is not an option for Australian merchants at this stage.

Correct. Only the "hosted" WPP service is available in Australia. The hosted service is not compatible with CG. PP claims to be close to making the API available in Australia but no eta. You might ask them about that.

Do you have any thoughts on or plans to support WorldPay? Like other posters trying to avoided the NAB mechant account impost we are saddled with in Australia.

We haven't looked into WorldPay. In fact I don't think I've heard of them until now. How does this help Australian merchants? We have considered Eway but that option might still have the Australian merchant account pricing issue.

4. 4 Posted by Mick Bullen on 07 Dec, 2011 10:58 PM

Hi Marc,

WorldPay offer a merchant bank facility combined with the gateway. I haven't completed an application yet so not fully across charges etc. but it looks to be around 3.95% on transactions and an annual fee ($140 first year increasing to $280). Importantly they support multi currencies and claim to be a good option for start ups.

Spreedly currently support integration with them which is what led me to discover them.

Cheers

Mick

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 08 Aug, 2012 01:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM