Is your software right for me?

erica

09 Jun, 2014 01:52 AM

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement recurring payment memberships for my new web based service.
I have an ejunkie account, but saw that they recommended cheddargetter for recurring payments/membershp sites.

I'm not a developer so the coding is perplexing and over my head.

If I use your program do I still continue with an ejunkie account or are you my main shopping cart management system?
I also see that in order to use any credit card I have to sign up for an additional service that allows this.
In regards to the recurring payments, is this set up through your coding or is it through PayPal?
I'm trying to better understand you vs ejunkie.

Once I get a developer to install the code on my site, will I continually need him to tweak it or is it easy to navigate from the backend/dashboard on my own?

Thanks kindly.

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 09 Jun, 2014 07:52 PM

Hi Erica --

I'll tackle your questions one at a time and then you can get back to me with any additional questions that may generate.

If I use your program do I still continue with an ejunkie account or are you my main shopping cart management system?

We're a recurring billing service, not a shopping cart system, so we couldn't be used in that capacity.

I also see that in order to use any credit card I have to sign up for an additional service that allows this.

If you'd like to accept direct credit card payments, you would need a merchant account and a gateway account. When you sign up for our Blowing Up Plan, we provide you with a gateway account at no additional charge. And we can also get you in touch with one of our preferred merchant account providers.

In regards to the recurring payments, is this set up through your coding or is it through PayPal?

Setting up recurring billing with us does not require any coding. We have an administrative dashboard that you can use to configure all of your products, plans, and customers. As for PayPal, the only configuration that you would nee to do there is connecting your current account to your CheddarGetter account. If you're curious, we have detailed instructions on that here.

Once I get a developer to install the code on my site, will I continually need him to tweak it or is it easy to navigate from the backend/dashboard on my own?

You shouldn't have a problem doing your general navigating through the dashboard. The amount that you'll need a developer will depend on how much you want to extend the abilities of your web app and how you want to integrate CheddarGetter with your app.

Hopefully that takes care of your initial questions, and I'm here to answer any additional ones that you might have. I would recommend that you take a look at our "Getting Started" information while you're getting used to navigating your test account.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 07 Nov, 2014 06:46 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac