Is there a way to provide Promotion that waives the Credit Card requirement?

Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess's Avatar

Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess

29 Apr, 2014 07:45 PM

I'd like to give a free Month to a group of people and not require them to enter a credit card.

(Our account normally requires the user to enter a credit card number)

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 30 Apr, 2014 01:22 PM

Hi --

You can delay the initial payment for the plan that group is on by 30 days. Just enter your pricing plan configuration and you can edit the details there.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2014 01:22 PM.

3. Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess re-opened this discussion on 30 Apr, 2014 02:22 PM

4. 2 Posted by Credentials-NOC... on 30 Apr, 2014 02:22 PM

We have those plans charge delayed 7 days but it still asks for a credit card on signup).

1. I want to let them start using it for their free month, etc. (If they have the promo code) and NOT require a credit card (that lowers the conversion rate).

2. I want to waive the CC requirement ONLY if they have the PROMO code.

Is this possible?

5. 3 Posted by Jess Pendley on 30 Apr, 2014 06:04 PM

Configuring a promo code in that manner isn't possible, however there is a way to accomplish something similar.

You can put the customers in question on a free plan, then when they enter their credit card, you switch them to the paid plan.

You can use the email notifications system to remind customers that they need to enter their credit card to continue using the service. A free plan still has a recurring invoice, it's for zero dollars but it still happens. So, you can use the payment receipt email (when it's for the free trial plan) to notify customers on the free trial plan that it's time to enter their credit card.

You can also use the transaction post hook to notify your application that the free trial for the customer has ended if necessary in order to change their account when the trial ends.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

6. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2014 06:04 PM.

7. Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2014 01:00 AM

8. 4 Posted by Credentials-NOC... on 02 May, 2014 01:00 AM

<!-- Written by GoldMine : Version 6.50.40321 --> [email blocked],

Can we put them on the Free Plan with an expiration date?
    Do they get email notifications that they need to upgrade to the Pay version?

-Clay

>> // Please reply above this line
    >> ==================================================
    >> From: Jess Pendley (Support staff)

>> Configuring a promo code in that manner isn't possible, however there is a
    >> way to accomplish something similar.
    >> You can put the customers in question on a free plan, then when they enter
    >> their credit card, you switch them to the paid plan.
    >> You can use the email notifications system to remind customers that they
    >> need to enter their credit card to continue using the service. A free
    >> plan still has a recurring invoice, it's for zero dollars but it still
    >> happens. So, you can use the payment receipt email (when it's for the
    >> free trial plan) to notify customers on the free trial plan that it's
    >> time to enter their credit card.
    >> You can also use the transaction post hook to notify your application that
    >> the free trial for the customer has ended if necessary in order to change
    >> their account when the trial ends.
    >> If you need anything else, please let me know.
    >>
    >> On Wed, Apr 30 at 02:22 PM, Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess wrote:

>> We have those plans charge delayed 7 days but it still asks for a credit
    >> card on signup).
    >> I want to let them start using it for their free month, etc. (If they have
    >> the promo code) and NOT require a credit card (that lowers the conversion
    >> rate).
    >> I want to waive the CC requirement ONLY if they have the PROMO code.
    >> Is this possible?
    >>
    >> Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Is there a way
    >> to provide Promotion that waives the Credit Card requirement?.
    >> To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from
    >> http://support.cheddargetter.com, visit this page

----------------------- Original Message -----------------------

To: [email blocked]
    Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:04:21 -0400
    Subject: Re: Is there a way to provide Promotion that waives the Credit Card requirement? [Questions #10723]

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Configuring a promo code in that manner isn't possible, however there is a way to accomplish something similar.

You can put the customers in question on a free plan, then when they enter their credit card, you switch them to the paid plan.

You can use the email notifications system to remind customers that they need to enter their credit card to continue using the service. A free plan still has a recurring invoice, it's for zero dollars but it still happens. So, you can use the payment receipt email (when it's for the free trial plan) to notify customers on the free trial plan that it's time to enter their credit card.

You can also use the transaction post hook to notify your application that the free trial for the customer has ended if necessary in order to change their account when the trial ends.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

On Wed, Apr 30 at 02:22 PM, Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess wrote:

We have those plans charge delayed 7 days but it still asks for a credit card on signup).

I want to let them start using it for their free month, etc. (If they have the promo code) and NOT require a credit card (that lowers the conversion rate).I want to waive the CC requirement ONLY if they have the PROMO code.

Is this possible?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Is there a way to provide Promotion that waives the Credit Card requirement?.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.cheddargetter.com, visit this page

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

9. 5 Posted by Jess Pendley on 02 May, 2014 01:09 PM

That's where you would use our email notifications system to remind customers that they need to enter their credit card to continue using the service. You can modify the Bill Reminder template to reflect what you'd want.

You'd need to set a transaction post hook to notify your application that the free trial for the customer has ended in order to change their account when the trial ends.

10. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 02 May, 2014 01:09 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM