Default invoice.asciiLayout template

Thomas Linton

27 Feb, 2014 04:01 PM

Hey guys,

I want to make some very minor changes to the default invoice.asciiLayout. I've found the example at https://gist.github.com/marcguyer/800598#file_invoice_layout.txt but it does not seem to be the same as the one CG uses. Do you have this available somewhere?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Feb, 2014 01:43 PM

Hi Thomas -- That convenience variable isn't editable. It's pure server side code. So, I think the link you referenced really is the best starting point for customizing via Smarty. We'd be happy to help you work through creating your own -- it unfortunately can be a bit of a struggle due to some lackluster error handling in the editor. Perhaps your result can be made available for others' benefit in the future.

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Linton on 28 Feb, 2014 02:10 PM

Ok not a problem. The default invoice.asciiLayout is fine, but I want to include user supplied addresses in the invoices for payments made using PayPal preapprovals, is there any easier way to do this apart from recreating the default template via Smarty and adding a section for an address defined using customer meta data? If there isn't I'll go ahead and attempt to recreate it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Feb, 2014 02:24 PM

It sounds like you're on the right track. Like I said, that error handling can be frustrating. Let us know if you run into any issues.

4. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 12 Jun, 2014 03:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM