Language, translations, receipts and more...

Andrew Boden

09 Nov, 2011 07:52 PM

Hello,

We are a swedish company based in Stockholm with customers in most of Europe and the english-speaking countries around the world. We have nation-specific websites for our product for every different country/language and are now looking for a subscription billing solution.

We have been trying Cheddargetter in test mode for a couple of days and are impressed with your product. But... here are some questions we have...

1. Translation and compatibility with different languages/countries
    What pages can/can not be translated?
    Is it possible to have the payment and order form, emails, invoices & receipts for our customers in any other language than english?
    Can we do our own translation of all these pages via the API or any other way or is this not possible?

2. Can customers from different countries/languages be seperated in a simple way in backend?
    I imagine that it will become a bit disorganized with hundreds/thousands customers with different nationalities and language if there is no way to separate them.
    Is it perhaps a better solution to simple have a different Cheddargetter account for every country/language?

3. Invoices & receipts
    Can the invoice also be sent as a attached pdf-file to the customer?
    When money is drawn from the customers account, is it possible to send them an automated (customizable) receipt on the actual payment?

4. Refunds, expired cards & void payments
    Can we refund and credit a customer through Cheddargetter or does have to be done from the Payment gateway?
    Maybe I should ask: Are there any actions that can’t be done from Cheddargetter and instead have to be done from the payment gateway?

5. Do you have a public roadmap for upcoming features?

I know, a lot of questions, but we’d really appreciate if you could help us out with this.

Thanks!!

Andrew

1. 1 Posted by adam on 14 Nov, 2011 03:53 PM

Hi Andrew,

1. All emails can be translated. The templates are written in English, but you can easily edit them and translate to any language you desire. The API is also written in English, but you can translate the data into any language you choose.

2. I think different accounts for each language would make sense. I am not aware of any way to separate customers by language using the CheddarGetter API.

3. We do not send PDF attachments, only text or HTML. You could parse our push notifications for transactions and create your own PDF if you desire:
      http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/api-8/event-push-notification

The customer does indeed receive an automated customizable receipt upon payment.

1. Refunds are now available through CheddarGetter (just released last month).

2. We do not have a public roadmap, but we have a newsletter that regularly discusses past, current, and future development. If you are a CheddarGetter customer (free or paid) you are subscribed to that. We will be sending out November's newsletter later this week.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. adam closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2011 03:53 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM