Customer Invoices

Farrukh Omar

02 Aug, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi,

We have a customer in our account (https://www.getcheddar.com/admin/customers/get/id/9a00907b-7813-11e...). Their subscription had automatically been cancelled earlier. However, the customer submitted their payment information later and the profile was reactivated. Upon reactivation, it appears that invoices are being generated for this customer at random. At the moment, the issue is restricted to this customer. I want to ensure that this issue is fixed and that it does not spread over to other customers.

This is a major issue for us and we want it looked into on a high priority basis.

1. 1 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 12:37 PM

Hi Farrukh,

We're looking into this, get back to you shortly!

Marcela

2. 2 Posted by Farrukh Omar on 02 Aug, 2018 02:21 PM

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? We need to get this resolved ASAP.

3. 3 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 02:34 PM

Hi Farrukh,

I apologize for the delay, we've escalated this to our engineering team for further investigation. We'll update you on their progress as soon as we hear back!

Marcela

4. 4 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 05:29 PM

Hi Farrukh,

I'm sorry this is taking us a while! We're still working on finding the root cause of this issue, and we should be able to manually fix this customer record for you soon. Also, we've looked at your account and haven't found any other customers who experienced this issue when reactivating, so we think this is isolated to this customer record. We'll keep you posted!

Marcela

5. 5 Posted by Farrukh Omar on 02 Aug, 2018 05:36 PM

Thanks for the update Marcela.

We are hopeful that your team will be able to get this resolved soon. It is the beginning of the month and our billing team needs to invoice our clients within the next day.

Look forward to a quick resolution.

Regards
    Farrukh

Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:29 PM
    To: Farrukh Omar
    Subject: Customer Invoices [Problems #9931]

[CheddarGetter] <https://www.getcheddar.com>

Hi Farrukh,

I'm sorry this is taking us a while! We're still working on finding the root cause of this issue, and we should be able to manually fix this customer record for you soon. Also, we've looked at your account and haven't found any other customers who experienced this issue when reactivating, so we think this is isolated to this customer record. We'll keep you posted!

Marcela

6. 6 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 09:38 PM

Hi Farrukh,

We're still investigating, but we are fairly certain that this is an issue with this specific customer record. You should be able to continue as normal with your other clients while we continue to work on this issue. Just to be sure, I checked all the customers that are set to be billed tomorrow, and none of them appear to have any extra invoices.

I do have a question for you that could help us track down the cause of this issue. Do you happen to know if the bill date was changed for this customer at any point around their reactivation? Specifically, do you know if there may have been an API call that used the changeBillDate param to make changes to their billing cycle? I know you may not have a record of this, but if you do happen to know, it could help us in our investigation.

So sorry about the delay! We'll keep you updated.

Marcela

7. 7 Posted by Farrukh Omar on 02 Aug, 2018 09:57 PM

Hi Marcela,

I don't believe that the bill date was changed via an API call. However, when we noticed that multiple (extra) invoices for this customer had been generated, we manually tried to update the Bill Date to a closer date to attempt billing the outstanding invoices quickly. That did not work and it resulted in 3-4 extra invoices being generated. That is when we Cancelled the customer's subscription in an attempt to prevent further invoices from being generated.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Farrukh

8. 8 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 10:18 PM

Hi Farrukh,

Thanks! I've passed that info that along to the engineering team. We'll get back to you as soon as we know more about the issue.

Marcela

9. 9 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 02 Aug, 2018 11:00 PM

Hi Farrukh,

The engineering team has removed the extra invoices and transacted the customer's recent outstanding invoice from June 10th to reactivate them. The customer is now active with one pending invoice, set to bill on August 10th.

When they initially reactivated back in July, they had an outstanding invoice from January of 2017. When they updated their payment information, that invoice is the one that transacted. This is a bit of an edge case, where there was a much older outstanding invoice that needed to transact when the customer reactivated.

We really appreciate your patience while we were getting this sorted out. Let us know if you have any followup questions or if there's anything else we can do for you!

Marcela

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM