I want to give my customer to first month free. i not want take his payment detail so how can i create this type plan.

chibuike nwoke

22 May, 2018 12:58 PM

I want to give my customer to first month free. i not want take his payment detail so how can i create this type plan.
Second month they will changed as per plan price.

1. 1 Posted by Marcela Poffald on 22 May, 2018 03:16 PM

Hi Chibuike,

If you'd like a pricing plan to have a one-month free trial period, you can change the initial bill date to be one month after signup. You can also override the configured initial bill date for a pricing plan when a customer signs up using the initialBillDate param via the API.

If you don't want to require a payment method right away, you'll need to configure that in Configuration>Product Settings. Under "Subscription Fields", make sure that "Require payment method on paid subscriptions" is not selected. This setting will apply to all of your pricing plans.

Just so you're aware, if a customer doesn't have a payment method on file when their bill becomes due, Cheddar won't retry the transaction and will automatically cancel that customer. However, Cheddar does offer a few options to help you remind customers to enter their payment method before their first bill. For example, you could customize the language in your bill reminder emails under Configuration>Customer Communication or use the bill reminder webhook.

For more about setting up free trials, check out this section of the Pricing Plan Basics knowledge base article.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Marcela

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 30 May, 2018 07:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac