Client informations update not saved for contact information

Nicolas Hernandez

29 Jan, 2018 03:07 PM

Hello,
our clients cannot update their information using the hosted page.

When our client clicks on the update button, we redirect them to the link:
https://360learning.chargevault.com/update?code=theirCustomerCode&a...

Then, they click on update payment mehods and 2 sections appears (Contacts Informations and Billing Information) with the update button at the bottom.
From Here:
- when they modify information in the contacts Information section, it does not modifies cheddar data upon update. The inputs in the second section are the same than those in the first one, aka when you modify info on the first section it modifies the equivalent input in the second section(the reverse is not true).
information in the second section are saved in cheddar (billing infos), but when the client reopens the update hosted page he only sees the old information because the second section takes the value of the first one that can't be modified apparently.

Since the problem is on the hosted page i have limited ressources and knowledge.

Regards,

Lucas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 29 Jan, 2018 04:19 PM

Hi Lucas,

When updating information via the hosted payment page, are your customers providing their payment information (including their credit card number) as well as their contact information? In order for the update to be successful, they need to input their card number. They can provide the same credit card number as the one they have on file or a new card number, it just has to be included in the form in order for it to pass validation.

Customers should be able to use a different name for the billing information and contact information by unchecking the box that says 'Use Contact Information' in the Billing Information section.

Does this address the behavior that you're seeing on the hosted page? If not, give me a little more information about how your customers' experience on the hosted page varies from what I've described and I'll take another look!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Nicolas Hernand... on 30 Jan, 2018 03:11 PM

Hello Meghan

When i tested i tried with the same and a different card. Otherwise effectively the form is not sent.

I tried to uncheck the checkbox, but it only initialises the inputs of the Billing Info section. If you modify again an input in the "Contact Info" section it also modify the billing One.

My real problems are:
    - any modification to the inputs info in the Contact Information section are not applied on cheddar. The update does not work on this section - By default Billing Informations inputs have the value of their first section equivalent. When you uncheck the box it only deletes all values and leave the inputs blank. The update works (and is applied to cheddar's data), but when the user comes back to the update screen the checkbox is checked again and the information are still the one from the contact infos which is not their real values anymore.

If you need anymore details do not hesitate.

Regards,

Lucas Kennedy

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 31 Jan, 2018 10:47 PM

Hi Lucas,

To make sure I'm understanding the question you're asking, let me summarize the problem it sounds like you're having. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of this!

To summarize, your customers can successfully save the information they input into the hosted payment page to their Cheddar customer record, the problem is that the hosted page sometimes doesn't display the correct billing name for a customer when the contact name and the billing name are different. When the customer visits the hosted page to update their information, the contact name is always saved as the billing name even if the billing name saved in Cheddar is a different name.

Is that correct? If so, could you tell me a little bit more about why this is an issue for your customers? It seems like it might be a bit of an edge case as most customers use the same name for their contact information and their billing information, but I'd be happy to hear your perspective on the issue!

If I'm not correct about your question, it might be helpful to send us some screenshots or an example of a customer who has experienced this issue, so I can see it for myself. Thanks for your help in getting this sorted out, Lucas!

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Nicolas Hernand... on 02 Feb, 2018 04:42 PM

Hello,

This is not the only problem i have noticed about the hosted page. I linked you a screen shot with annotated problems or weird behaviors:

• Comment 1:My main issues are the first section displays the client subscription informations, but when you update those information, it does not update it on cheddar. And if this is not the one of the goals of this page, then why are they not juste labels instead of modifiable inputs.

• Comment 2: When you uncheck the box and you modify an input in the first section, it also updates the equivalent input in the second section. This does not seems consistent behavior with the checkbox being unchecked.

• Comment 3: unchecking the box only empties the inputs and does not replace them with their true value in cheddar.

If you want an example of a client here is the client code of one:
    59a567ca60d0111225e1b25e

He wanted to change his billing informations. So he went to this hosted page and modified the second section. He clicked on update and all the information were well saved in cheddar, however the page directly redirects to our website so he went back to check everything was ok and there he saw all the old informations. Now he cannot know what billing information he gave us. His only recourse is to ask us directly.

I understand the thinking of this client, if i hadn't access to cheddar's data even i; when i did the usecase thought that it was not updated.

Regards

Lucas Kennedy

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 07 Feb, 2018 12:20 AM

Hey Lucas,

Thanks for the detailed descriptions and screenshot, it was very helpful! I've been doing research on these issues and was able to replicate some of the behaviors you've noticed. I submitted a ticket to our engineering team with the descriptions you provided, so that they can evaluate these problems as well and hopefully put some fixes in place. I'll keep you updated on their progress!

Meghan

6. 6 Posted by Nicolas Hernand... on 26 Feb, 2018 05:43 PM

Hello,

I am coming back to you to know if there was any advancement on those behaviors we noticed.

Regards,

Lucas

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Meghan Turner on 26 Feb, 2018 06:15 PM

Hi Lucas,

Yes, I got an update from the engineering team this morning! They've identified the issue that was causing the billing name fields to be auto-populated with the contact name fields, even if the box was unchecked, and expect to release a fix shortly.

They've been able to replicate the issue you noticed with contact information updates not saving, but are still working on a solution.

We did an evaluation of adding functionality that would auto-populate the billing name fields with what an existing customer currently has saved, but determined doing that would potentially expose sensitive billing data covered by PCI compliance standards, so we won't be able to move forward with that project.

I'll keep you updated on our progress on getting the contact information update to successfully update the customer record! Let me know if there's anything else you need in the meantime.

Meghan

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Meghan Turner on 28 Feb, 2018 11:06 PM

Hey Lucas,

The engineering team just released two fixes that address the problems you were seeing with the hosted pages. The first release modifies the checkbox functionality so that updating contact information will not add to the corresponding billing information field if the box is unchecked.

The second release updates the form functionality, so that customer information, not just billing information, will be saved when a customer updates their information on the hosted page.

That should take care of the problems you noticed, but please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac