I cannot refund a client

Wendy Simpson

16 Nov, 2017 02:31 PM

https://screenshots.firefox.com/lw114HcKHdru0sA4/cheddargetter.com

Keeps giving me an error message when i try to refund a client

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 16 Nov, 2017 03:59 PM

Hi Wendy,

I checked our logs and it does appear that this transaction was voided a few minutes after it was initially approved. When a transaction is voided, it means that the transfer of funds from the buyers account to your account was canceled, so the money for this transaction was never moved into your account. The error you're seeing is expected. Since the funds were never in your account in the first place, there's no money to refund for this transaction.

Even though the transaction was voided, your customer may still see a pending charge for this transaction in their card account. Although the transaction wasn't settled, it was authorized and this can place a temporary hold on the funds in their account. This should drop off within a few days, but if it doesn't, the customer may need to contact their card issuer.

Hope this helps, Wendy, but let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Wendy Simpson on 16 Nov, 2017 04:16 PM

I know how to void a transaction, and have done so many times. But i did not get a voided transaction email like i always have before, and the charge is still showing on the clients account. so your saying this customer has no charges on the account? I really need that charge to show that it was voided and their total revenue to show $0 before I charge them the corrected amount

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 16 Nov, 2017 04:58 PM

So the gateway log is confirming that the transaction was successfully voided, but I see that the customer's account in your Cheddar product isn't showing the void. In this case, I believe the information in the gateway log is accurate and that the void was performed successfully, but I'm not sure why that's not being reported in the UI. Let me do some additional research and I'll get back to you shortly with more info.

Meghan

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 17 Nov, 2017 04:11 PM

Hi Wendy,

Further research has shown that there was a short communication issue between the gateway and Cheddar that caused us not to recognize that a successful void had taken place. We believe we've fixed the problem and we went ahead and updated the customer record to reflect that the invoice was voided. If you'd like, you can now send an email notification to the customer about the void here.

Let me know if there's anything else you need, Wendy!

Meghan

5. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2017 04:32 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM