Subscription plan change email error caused by "Undefined index: charges"

Alice Leducq

13 Oct, 2017 04:16 PM

Hi,

I am currently working on our customer emails. Our "Subscription plan change" email doesn't seem to work. The error is : "Undefined index: charges".
I believe that this is the Cheddar default email, for we don't have records of implementing the different cases ourselves.

I can find the same line that causes problems in our "Payment Refund/Void" email. This one works, I can get a preview and send it to myself.
The line is : {foreach from=$charges item="charge"}

Can you help me figure out what is wrong ?
Are those emails currently sent ? We might have had this issue for months.

Thank you for your help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 17 Oct, 2017 05:14 PM

Hi Alice,

Happy to do what we can to help! I took a look at your email templates and I don't think your emails are using the Cheddar default template. Changes have been made to the global header and footer that may be causing the error.

A quick fix for this would be to revert back to the default template. You can do that by simply deleting the section you wish to revert. You can revert either the header, footer, body, or any combination of the three sections. The flash message at the top of the screen will indicate when a section has been reverted. If you have any custom code in these sections that you'd like to re-install after the revert has take place, make sure you save it outside of Cheddar before deleting the section.

I would expect that the revert would fix this, but let me know if you revert the template back to the default content and are still experiencing errors. To check if your subscription changed emails have been sending, you might take a look at your SMTP records (more details on your SMTP provider here) or check the inbox for the bcc address you have listed in your global default addresses. Copies of all your customer communication emails are sent there, so you can see if plan change emails were sent.

I hope that helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Alice Leducq on 24 Oct, 2017 01:09 PM

Hi Meghan

Thanks for your detailed answer.
    The problem was not with our custom header and footer, I had seen the issue
    before editing the header and footer.
    But it seems to have solved itself, the mail works OK now.

Case closed!

Regards,

Alice

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 24 Oct, 2017 01:50 PM

Glad it's sorted out! I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, but you can re-open it by commenting if there's anything else you need.

Meghan

4. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2017 01:50 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM