Australian GST

Garth McGiddy

04 May, 2017 06:10 AM

Hi,

I am attempting to set up the system in Australia. I am having an issue with the hosted pages and the invoices. To be tax compliant I need to display in the hosted pages the sum of all the costs, the Sub-Total, then the GST amount (10% of the Sub-total) and then the Total (the Sub-Total plus the GST). This needs to go out on each invoice. Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks in advance!

Garth

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 04 May, 2017 04:42 PM

Hi Garth,

Welcome to CheddarGetter! I hope you've enjoyed your experience with the product thus far. Happy to answer your questions about VAT.

I need to display in the hosted pages the sum of all the costs, the Sub-Total, then the GST amount (10% of the Sub-total) and then the Total (the Sub-Total plus the GST).

Hosted pages are intended for basic set-ups, so a better option for you may be to create your own payment pages and use our API to connect them the CheddarGetter. You can find more information about how to do this in our API Documentation. In addition to giving you more control over your payment pages, using the API also gives you access to some of our advanced features like tracked items and one time invoices.

Alternately, if you'd still like to use the hosted page, you could have your customers select a pricing plan and display a sub-total, VAT, and total in your application before re-directing them to hosted page. When you re-direct the customer, you can pass in a planCode which will pre-select the plan for the customer on the hosted page (here's an example of how to do that). If you haven't already, it's worth taking a look the hosted pages set-up guide to learn more about how to manage customer creation and updates via hosted pages.

This needs to go out on each invoice.

This should already be on the invoice in the payment receipt email notification, but I had a look at your payment receipt email preview and the VAT is missing. I'm starting a ticket to have our engineering team look into this and see if we can get that added to the invoice. I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan Turner on 19 May, 2017 02:37 PM

Hi Garth,

Wanted to let you know that we've added the tax rate back to the payment receipt email notification. The invoice in the body of that email now shows a sub-total, tax rate, and total including tax. You can confirm that by checking the preview for that email notification type here.

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM