You have no link for configuring "advanced" pricing plans

Mike Fletcher

20 Dec, 2011 05:05 PM

On your "pricing plans" page (step 2 of signup), you have lots of text about features and a link to the KB article about advanced pricing plans, but you don't have a link to where I can actually configure them. We're looking at developing our platform to use CheddarGetter, but we need an advanced plan to test anything.

1. 1 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 20 Dec, 2011 09:06 PM

To clarify; I am a developer. I am looking at integrating CheddarGetter, and your pricing page says that this should be free, but I'm guessing that one cannot get to the "advanced" setup for pricing plans until one has passed "step 5" of the setup wizard, which does not appear to have a "developer" option.

2. 2 Posted by adam on 20 Dec, 2011 09:58 PM

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion. We designed the setup wizard to get people up and running quickly, and purposefully left out links to advanced configuration sections to try to avoid confusion.

But you don't need to pay us to access those features. You can click on the "Configuration" tab at the top-right of your dashboard to access these features.

I attached a screenshot showing you the location.

Here is the direct link to the pricing plans config:
    https://cheddargetter.com/admin/plans

Hope that helps,
    Adam

3. 3 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 21 Dec, 2011 03:24 PM

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the pointer. We wound up just signing up for a plan to get past the road-block. We are wondering, however, is there a "test" or "development" flag we can set on the account to prevent real charges from happening during development?

Thanks,
    Mike

4. 4 Posted by adam on 21 Dec, 2011 03:39 PM

Hi Mike,

As long as you don't configure a live gateway (either Paypal or a credit card gateway) your account will run all transactions in simulation mode.

Thanks,
    Adam

5. 5 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 21 Dec, 2011 03:52 PM

Sigh. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove a gateway, and as we were trying to get to the advanced configuration we configured PayPal thinking it was blocking us (we kept getting returned to that stage when we clicked configuration).

I have set up a second account to act as a test account, as management is getting a bit impatient :) . The configuration link pointed to in the initial response does not actually take you to the dashboard view in my testing (takes me back into the setup wizard at the configure-a payment method stage). The direct link does, however, work.

6. 6 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 21 Dec, 2011 03:56 PM

If I delete the paypal email, then click on the billing solution link on the form-validation page, I get kicked back into your setup wizard, at which point I can turn off paypal, at which point I can manually enter the configuration url and actually configure the service.

7. 7 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 21 Dec, 2011 04:16 PM

But the hosted pages are not usable, as they just display a message saying payment method cc is not enabled. So we can't actually test the signup work-flow.

8. 8 Posted by adam on 21 Dec, 2011 07:19 PM

Hi Mike,

I went ahead and switched your test account to use the Paypal and CheddarGateway simulators. The problem is that during Step 3 of the wizard, you had not selected either Paypal or Credit Cards (which turns on the simulators). You should be all set now on the test account:
    https://cheddargetter.com/admin/plans

Adam

9. 9 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 21 Dec, 2011 08:53 PM

Hi Adam,

Sorry to be a pest, but the account does not seem to be using the paypal simulator; when I create an account with the API, then direct the user to their update page, they get a link that takes them to (live) PayPal (not sandbox, nor a simulator). I'm guessing this is because of the paypal "live" credentials which were initially setup during step 3.

Other than that, all seems to be working.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Dec, 2011 09:22 PM

Hi Mike -- My apologies for the difficulty. When switching between live and simulator, the interface is less than ideal. We need to switch off the live gateway for you if you need to go back to the simulator. I'll take care of that for you. I just need to clarify. First of all, are we talking about this account?

https://cheddargetter.com/admin/product/index/productId/563608d4-2b...

Second, what do you want to accomplish? Both PayPal and direct credit card simulators? Which credit card gateway do you plan to use?

11. 11 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 22 Dec, 2011 02:10 PM

Hi Marc,

Yes, that is the account being discussed.

We have a Moneris account already (for other projects), so we will likely want to use that eventually, but this project is still in "test" phase, so we're just looking for a PayPal gateway. Simulating with both would be preferable, but the PayPal gateway is the immediate need.

Thanks,
    Mike

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Marc Guyer on 22 Dec, 2011 03:24 PM

Ok -- you're back in simulation mode for PayPal and I've enabled CheddarGateway simulator for direct credit card acceptance. You're good to go. When you're ready to go live, we'll need to plug your Moneris account into CheddarGateway for you. Just let us know.

13. 13 Posted by Mike Fletcher on 22 Dec, 2011 08:25 PM

Thanks Marc and Adam, have our little test system working now.

14. adam closed this discussion on 23 Dec, 2011 08:28 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM