Problem in auto recurring for two customers

Justin O'Heir

13 Oct, 2016 11:30 AM

Hi Team,

Today I observed that in our SESSIONSX SANDBOX(CAD) account two users subscribed one day pricing plan and their recurring goes smooth, but from 12/10/2016 their invoice status shown "Queued" and "Pending". Their user Id 235 and 86. Can you tell me whats the problem occurred?

I have attached two screen shot for your kind reference.

Thanks & Regards
Swapan Mishra

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 13 Oct, 2016 03:23 PM

Hi Swapan,

Thanks for the screenshots!

Our recurring engine was briefly in maintenance mode which caused anyone will bill dates yesterday to be pushed to today. The queued invoices on both accounts were run this morning after you submitted this request. Since both of these customers were on pricing plans set to bill daily, they won't be billed twice today, but they will be billed again tomorrow. Also, the daily pricing plan option is really for testing purposes only. I know the product we're talking about in this case is a dev product, but I just want to make sure you know we wouldn't suggest having pricing plans that bill daily in production.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Justin O'H... on 14 Oct, 2016 05:30 AM

Hi Meghan,

Thanks a lot for that information. We use daily billing process in dev environment just for testing the recurring process. In prod we are using monthly billing process, but one thing I want know that if that kind of scenario occurred and the users who are effected for that reason not able to access our content.
    So, can you suggest us how we handled that kind of scenario.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 14 Oct, 2016 02:01 PM

Could you tell me how your system is determining whether or not to give access to a user? Is there a particular param in CG your system looks at when a user authenticates to decide whether or not the user has access?

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Justin O'H... on 16 Oct, 2016 12:54 PM

Hi Meghan,

We received a service hooks from CG named "TRANSACTION" when any kind of transaction occurred. In that service hook we received data in JSON format from CG. In the TRANSACTION" service hook we got a key called "billingDatetime" and that date-time indicates the time of next invoice generation. We use that time and allow user to access the paid content till that time.
    But if the recurring process stop in your side for any reason then we didn't received that TRANSACTION" service hook for the users who are affected on that time and they will expired in our system.
    So, if you suggest any solution for that kind of cases (When recurring engine is down) then I'm very much thankful to you.

Thanks & Regards
    Swapan Mishra

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 17 Oct, 2016 05:13 PM

Hi Swapan,

If I could make a suggestion, using the billDatetime param in the transaction hook may not be the ideal way to determine if a customer should have access to your system. The transaction and transaction hook are asynchronous, meaning that the transaction hook fires after an invoice has been transacted, so there may be a period of time between the transaction and when you receive the transaction hook that a customer wouldn't be able to access your system.

You might consider granting access based on whether or a not a customer record has a canceledDatetime instead of using the transaction hook. When a customer authenticates, your system can make a call to our API to get the customer's record (you can find more information about that in our API Documentation). If the customer has canceled their account or has been auto-canceled for non-payment, they will have information in the canceledDatetime node and should not be granted access. This would simplify the process for you and eliminate the possibility of customers who are in good standing being unable to access your system due to the asynchronous nature of the transaction hook.

Meghan

6. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM