Client Email Lag?

BSSI Support

19 Jun, 2015 12:48 AM

We've seen 3 clients email notifications have a lag on their June invoice transactions. we have a bot that emails us notifications when certain occurrences happen. It's worked well until this month....

*Client: Coordinated Marketing, sent out on declined email on the 1st. No other notifications were received until today for the cancellation. *Clients: My Money Matters and Social Media Gateway, had all their invoices decline but they weren’t cancelled today like the rest of the outstanding clients. Both have bill dates of the 1st so it is not like their payments are behind schedule with reoccurring.

Why would certain clients experience a lag ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 Jun, 2015 02:48 PM

Hi BSSI Support --

we have a bot that emails us notifications when certain occurrences happen. It's worked well until this month....

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I see that your account is configured to use a custom SMTP server (mail.bssivirtual.com). You'll have to check the logs for that server to see what the problem might be.

*Client: Coordinated Marketing, sent out on declined email on the 1st. No other notifications were received until today for the cancellation.

Since 6/2, six emails were successfully sent by CG and received by your custom SMTP server. Five of them correspond to the declined payments and one for the cancellation.

Clients: My Money Matters and Social Media Gateway, had all their invoices decline but they weren’t cancelled today like the rest of the outstanding clients. Both have bill dates of the 1st so it is not like their payments are behind schedule with reoccurring.

Same as above for [email blocked]

Same as above for [email blocked] except there was also a successful reactivation yesterday.

Have you asked these customers if the emails have been dumped to spam. Also check the KB article for information about improving deliverability.

Why would certain clients experience a lag ?

Hmm.... so these emails were received eventually... It may be that your SMTP is bogged down or otherwise has queued these emails or they've been deferred due to connectivity or other issues. Long story short, I'd start by checking your SMTP server logs.

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM