Downgrade preapproved user

jon

20 Nov, 2011 08:38 PM

I'm using paypal with CG. If a user picks a paid plan, but doesn't go through with the paypal preapproval, and then they try switching to a free plan I get an error via the API:
"AuthorizationRequired: Plan change prorate on a canceled subscription is not allowed. Reactivate first."

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Nov, 2011 01:09 PM

Ho Jon -- It's not currently possible to interact with a canceled subscription (a pending preapproval is technically in a canceled state). For the scenario you describe, you might consider deleting the customer, then recreating on the new plan.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2011 01:09 PM.

3. jon re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2011 02:51 PM

4. 2 Posted by jon on 21 Nov, 2011 02:51 PM

That's crazy. If I delete the customer I lose all of their historical data, right?

Have you fully thought through the paypal support? Sounds like this is a border case that needs to be addressed.

I was told that CG was "easy" and I should use it instead of PayPal's "clunky" API.

Turns out I now have to put in workaround for cases that should be obviously handled by your system. I am not impressed!

5. adam closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2011 03:57 PM.

6. jon re-opened this discussion on 23 Nov, 2011 06:56 PM

7. 3 Posted by jon on 23 Nov, 2011 06:56 PM

Why was this closed? Did it sound like my problem was solved? What do you guys recommend I do?

If a user selects a plan from my site, gets sent to paypal, then drops out before cancelling/approving, and comes back to my site, what can I do with them? I'd like to let them select a different plan, but if I'm not mistaken, they have to approve their previously selected plan (and get charged!) then select a different one.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated but I've been fighting with your system for the past couple weeks and I'm getting frustrated. Your support up until now has been good, so I didn't give up. Please don't abandon me now.

8. Dean closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 03:40 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM