Multiple plans or date to change plans

Andy Eastes

28 Apr, 2015 02:17 PM

Simple use case: Someone is ona low tier plana nd we want to schedule out to update to another plan at a date in the future.

Another way to accomplish this might be allowing multiple plans and having stop dates for plans.

We allow our clients to pay annually if they wish. But then they go over annually alloted users. So we turn on a pricing plan. But when annual payment is over we need to switch to another plan and have to set calendar reminder to go in and remember to update. This is not going to work (scalability). Are either of the outlined options available, if so how? If not how do you suggest we handle this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Apr, 2015 03:38 PM

CG doesn't have a way to schedule plan changes for the future. That sounds like it could be problematic anyway... Annual billing isn't really compatible with usage billing or enforcing resource limits. Why not just change them to a different plan? You could issue credits or charges to do a sort of prorate when switching from annual to monthly or whatever. I see that you have several plans that each seem to be for different resource limits but you're not using the tracked items system. You're welcome to do it any way you want but I think it would be much more elegant to use tracked items to charge for resources or enforce resource limits. Maybe I just opened a can of worms...

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac