Double charging on renewals

Stephen Rhyne

06 Apr, 2015 06:51 PM

How can I fix the follow scenario..

I often have people cancel or automatically cancel due to failure to pay. Then they come back and update their billing and renew their subscription (with the same customer code). Here's what happens.

Their old invoice that was in dunning mode is still outstanding. When they update their billing that invoice runs THEN the subscription restarts and they get charged 7 days (my trial length) later for their new subscription.

What's the best way to either waive the outstanding invoice when they re-join or PUSH their next inoice date to the renewal date + 30 days?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Apr, 2015 02:10 PM

Hi Stephen -- You can waive and run an invoice with the API. Or, you can use the API to push the next bill date into the future. In your case, the latter option sounds the best to me. You could use a webhook listener to handle the subscriptionReactivated event and use that to trigger changing the bill date. Docs for that are in the KB. Changing the bill date is done with the customers/edit-subscription API call and the changeBillDate param.

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:57 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM