Move customer with canceled subscription to different plan

nikolas

17 Nov, 2011 03:26 PM

Hi,

I was just trying to move a customer that has decided to not continue his subscription to a one of our FREE plans, but I got the following errors:

"Plan change on a canceled subscription is not allowed. Reactivate first." and
"This customer was canceled on 11/17/2011. Enter payment information to activate."

We need the ability to move customers with canceled subscription (for whatever reason) to different plans. How can we make this happen?

1. 1 Posted by nikolas on 17 Nov, 2011 03:32 PM

Check this:
    http://support.cheddargetter.com/discussions/questions/782-updating...

While reading this conversation, I got the feeling part of the problem is to be able to void "outstanding invoices", meaning manually deciding the money will not be collected (for whatever reason).

I think if there is no "outstanding invoice" it should be possible to move the customer to a different plan, so how do we do that?

2. 2 Posted by nikolas on 17 Nov, 2011 03:52 PM

Some more background:

If I charge my customers at the beginning of the billing cycle and for some reason they decide not to pay anymore, they do not actually owe us anything since we are charging upfront.

So there is actually no reason to have an "outstanding invoice" at all for these customers.

Therefore it should also be possible to move them to a different plan (in our case free, but it does not have to be as long as you charge upfront and the service is first activated when paid).

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2012 01:30 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM