Credits are being processed as refunds

Jane

07 Nov, 2011 08:14 PM

Hi,

We have credited some customers in order to ensure that they will not be charged (ie. for a free trial account). However, instead of charging them $0 on their scheduled transaction date, these credited amounts are being processed as refunds. For example, we've had refunds of $950 and $1740 "approved" today with a new "REFUNDED" stamp icon on the account's page (which I had not seen before today).

I've contacted our payment gateway to see if they can undo these refunds, but it seems these refunds have not appeared in their system (yet). I'm wondering if these refunds are only shown in Cheddar. That said, can we please undo these refunds?

I've also left a voicemail about this on your general line as I wasn't able to find a customer support number. I would really appreciate a call back to have this resolved ASAP.

Thank you,

Jane

1. 1 Posted by Jane on 07 Nov, 2011 08:15 PM

The phone number where I can be reached is 646-918-5181.

Thank you.

Jane

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Nov, 2011 12:09 AM

Hi Jane -- This looks like a bug. We've recently added some refund functionality which appears to be in conflict with credits carried forward when credits are greater than the invoice amount. It appears to be primarily a display issue. We're looking into it and I'll update you as soon as we know more. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Nov, 2011 03:17 PM

Hi Jane -- We've fixed the display issue and you shouldn't see that again. To be clear, these transactions were not actually refunds. The customers were not "refunded" but rather the credit carried forward remains as expected. Please let us know if you have questions.

4. 4 Posted by Jane on 08 Nov, 2011 03:38 PM

Thanks so much Marc. You really had us alarmed there for a bit! I really appreciate the speedy response and explanation.

All the best!

Jane

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Nov, 2011 04:02 PM

I thought that might have had you a little on edge... It's just not possible to move money the other way like that unless they previously paid you. No worries. Again, thanks for letting us know.

6. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2011 04:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM