Tax Exempt One-Time Invoice

stefan

24 Oct, 2011 09:35 PM

I have run a One-Time Invoice on a customer that is tax exempt - the box is checked on the customer's information page and they show up as "Exempt". However, when I run a one-time invoice it is charging them sales tax. Their recurring invoice does not have sales tax listed, but it is clearly visible on the one-time invoice history. I'm having to go into the gateway and refund them the sales tax amount.

Is this a CheddarGetter issue? Or is it a configuration issue on my end?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 25 Oct, 2011 03:32 PM

HI Stefan -- Thanks for the tweet last night!

You might have found a bug here. We're going to build some functional tests for that scenario and see what turns up.

2. 2 Posted by stefan on 25 Oct, 2011 04:13 PM

Hey Marc -

You are welcome! Even with this one hiccup, it's already looking like the best online billing/invoicing solution ever - and believe me, I've tried a bunch.

Will you keep me posted? or should I check back in a few weeks?

Thanks again!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 25 Oct, 2011 04:25 PM

We have a shiny new functional test for vat exempt one-time transactions. It seems we had one for charging vat but not for an exempt customer. The bug was found, squashed and a patch was deployed a few minutes ago. Please let us know if that works for you.

4. 4 Posted by stefan on 25 Oct, 2011 07:28 PM

Bingo! It has been fixed - I ran a $1 transaction with the exempt box checked and without and it ran with no tax then with tax. Thanks for the responsiveness and for such an awesome product...!

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2011 09:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM