Website Payment Pro Hosted Solution

Andrew Bailey

14 Oct, 2011 10:26 AM

Hi guys. Still trying to sort out a payments solution which will work with CG in Hong Kong. Since I first started this quest PayPal Hong Kong have added Payments Pro Hosted Solution. Could this work with CG?

Thanks

Andrew

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Oct, 2011 02:20 PM

Hi Andrew -- The Hosted Solution is fundamentally incompatible. CG requires API access.

Have you decided against Payvision/CheddarGateway?

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Bailey on 14 Oct, 2011 04:53 PM

Hi Marc,

I thought that this was probably the case. I have not given up on Payvision but I am rather frustrated by the lack of progress.

They seem to be insisting that I have an account with a specific bank. I already travelled from the uk to Hong Kong to open an HSBC account and I don't want to have to open another bank account. I sent a completed application to Scott last week asking whether, on the basis of the information in the form, we could be given provisional approval, but I have heard nothing back despite a reminder.

That is why I am resorting to revisiting PayPal as a possible option.

Thanks for responding.

Andrew

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Oct, 2011 02:30 PM

Hi Andrew -- Sorry for the delay. I've pinged Scott at Payvision regarding your concerns. Hopefully this can move forward.

This is a long shot but it might be possible to use the PaymentExpress gateway and connect directly to your HSBC account. According to their website, they have connectivity to HSBC in the UK. I suppose it's possible that they can connect to a HK HSBC account as well. It might be worth inquiring with them. FYI, I haven't heard good things about their support or pricing.

4. 4 Posted by Andrew Bailey on 18 Oct, 2011 04:26 PM

Thanks Marc. I assume you mean PaymentExpress when you say you have not heard good things, rather than HSBC. I'll look into that avenue, just in case Payvision ends up not being an option.

I did hear from Scott a couple of days ago and he had not received a form that I had emailed him. I have resent it, together with a few other documents. I am hoping that he can give me an 'agreement in principle' indication before I start having to have documents notarised etc. to support our application.

Once again, I appreciate your help in this.

Regards

Andrew

5. 5 Posted by adam on 24 Oct, 2011 03:20 PM

Hi Andrew,

I attached Scott to this discussion so he can follow up with you.

Thanks,
    Adam

6. 6 Posted by s.bodily on 25 Oct, 2011 12:26 AM

Hi Andrew,

I hope you are doing well. I emailed you Tuesday evening with a list of items needed. Did you receive the email?

If you remember, this account was preapproved. Although it's not a guarantee set in stone, it's sufficient enough for us to gather the application materials for the bank. If we did not think that this account has an extremely good chance of getting approved, our Underwriting team would not have given the preapproval.

The bank requires that all items be sent together, including notarized items. They will reject the account if items do not have the appropriate chop and notarized items. I certainly think it can be a pain and a nuisance, but Wing Hang Bank requires it and we need to comply.

Shoot me an email or reply on this.

Hope you are doing well.

Kind regards,

Scott Bodily
    Payvision

7. Dean closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 02:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM