Invoice Detail in Bill Reminder

christina frankola

12 Dec, 2013 11:34 AM

I included this line in the email for Bill Reminder and it's not appearing in the Email Preview.
{$invoice.htmlLayout}

I need to show clients who do not have payment method on file their invoice detail. Clients want to see what they are paying for prior to paying for it - why isn't the line showing the invoice detail in the email?

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 13 Dec, 2013 05:51 PM

Hi Christina --

The reason that you're not seeing that in the preview is because the {$invoice.htmlLayout} isn't available in the Billing Reminder email. When a Bill Reminder is sent, there is technically no "real" invoice on file, so there is nothing that can be shown.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2013 05:51 PM.

3. christina frankola re-opened this discussion on 13 Dec, 2013 06:22 PM

4. 2 Posted by christina frank... on 13 Dec, 2013 06:22 PM

How can I work around this for the clients with no payment method….they’re not even sent a total amount due…can I create a new email template?
    Can the right code be entered into the bill reminder email to show either the amount or the invoice detail?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Dec, 2013 10:56 PM

The total amount is unknown until the bill is actually due (the billingDatetime) since usage charges and custom charges could change until that moment. Before then, you can use the {$plan.recurringChargeAmount} to give an idea of the amount minus usage charges.

6. 4 Posted by christina frank... on 14 Dec, 2013 05:37 AM

thank you. That does help. Now my question is how to not cancel a client if they haven't provided payment in 24 hours? I emailed a client with no payment on the 11th and the system cancel them on the 12th.I disabled the email template for cancelled for non payment yet this client was still cancelled. Please advise

Thank you,
    Christina Frankola

----- Reply message -----

7. 5 Posted by Jess Pendley on 17 Dec, 2013 02:47 PM

Hi Christina --

Specifically in the case of a one time invoice, CheddarGetter will auto cancel if payment has not been made by the specified due date (for a recurring bill, it's subject to your specified dunning schedule before cancellation). There isn't really a way to avoid this functionality, but since you're using the Bill Reminder as the actual invoice in this instance, I would set it to send out a few days earlier.

8. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2013 02:47 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM