400-: No gateway found of type 'cc'. Maybe you haven't configured a billing solution yet.

richard

05 Aug, 2011 08:04 AM

hi,
I update customer plan from Free plan to a Subscription plan (paid monthly). See my below code:

$client       = getCGClient();
    $subscriptionData = array (
            'planCode'      => $data['plan'],
            'ccNumber'      => '4214943513946306',
            'ccExpiration'  => '02/2014',
            'ccCardCode'    => '343',
            'ccFirstName'   => 'Bill',
            'ccLastName'    => 'Lumberg',
            'ccZip'         => '1100'
    );
    try {
        $response = $client->editSubscription('customer_code', null, $subscriptionData);
    } catch (CheddarGetter_Response_Exception $re) {
        die($re->getCode() . '-' . $re->getAuxCode() . ': ' . $re->getMessage());
    }

but I got error message: "400-: No gateway found of type 'cc'. Maybe you haven't configured a billing solution yet.". Can you tell me what wrong ? Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Aug, 2011 01:37 PM

Hi Richard -- Your current billing solution configuration only includes PayPal support. If you want to accept direct credit cards you must also configure a merchant account / gateway. You can change your billing solution(s) here: https://cheddargetter.com/admin/setup/billing-solution

Since you're in the UK, your options for direct credit card acceptance are limited to CheddarGateway with Payvision merchant service or PayPal PayFlow Pro UK. The latter can be difficult (and more expensive). The Payvision process (recommended) starts with the attached form.

2. 2 Posted by richard on 05 Aug, 2011 06:12 PM

Hi Marc,

We've signed for Paypal Website Payments Pro account. There isn't any signup page for Paypal PayFlow Pro UK you mentioned. I think Paypal PayFlow Pro is only available for US, Canada etc..

Could you please confirm this?
    Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Aug, 2011 02:58 PM

It's complicated and PayPal may just not make it publicly known that PayFlow Pro is available to UK merchants. PayFlow Pro is the direct credit card engine behind the scenes of Website Payments Pro. So, we should be able to talk to it directly (rather than through Website Payments Pro).

However, we just received word from the PayPal product team that they've just completed an update to the API that we've been waiting for. We can now use the Website Payments Pro API with their Third Party Permissions API. What that means is that we will be able to unify our PayPal setup to include standard PayPal payments as well as direct credit card via Website Payments Pro. We have a call scheduled with them this week to determine our next course of action. We should have an idea of whether or not their changes have accommodated our needs after that call. So, that's still up in the air.

In the meantime, you might consider contacting PayPal UK to see if you can get your direct PayFlow Pro credentials. PayFlow Pro is simply the engine behind Website Payments Pro which allows for direct credit card acceptance. Even if PayPal doesn't advertise publicly that it's possible, it probably is.

Happy to help in any way we can.

4. 4 Posted by richard on 08 Aug, 2011 04:13 PM

Hi again, just been sent this from PP

You can integrate Website Payments Pro in two ways:
    1. Third party provider (no technical skills required)

Website Payments Pro is pre-integrated with leading shopping carts and
    e-commerce providers, so you can start accepting payments straight away.

Choose from our list of providers:
    https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/paypal-partner-solutions/index.htm

If you already use a provider, click below to see how to integrate
    PayPal with them. Find your provider:
    https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/merchantservices/partners-enable.htm

2. Direct integration (technical skills required)

The easiest way to integrate Website Payments Pro is via our Hosted
    Payments solution. Just download the PDF guide from our developer page:
    https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/GB/en_GB/files/developer/HostedSolution.p
    df.

For a more advanced integration using API programming, please see our
    integration guide:
    https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_WPP_Integrati
    onGuide.pdf.
    You can test your integration in our sandbox environment:
    https://developer.paypal.com/.

For general product queries please call us on 087 07 301 881 or email us
    at [email blocked].

5. 5 Posted by richard on 08 Aug, 2011 05:02 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply

Just spoken to PP in the UK and we are all set up apparently

what do you guys need to do next to integrate and start taking card
    payments?

Thanks

richard

6. 6 Posted by richard on 09 Aug, 2011 04:12 PM

I have the api and key info from Paypal- whats next?!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Aug, 2011 05:14 PM

Hi Richard -- We only have direct Payflow Pro integration available at this time. The credentials required for Payfow Pro are:

• Username
    • Password
    • Vendor
    • Partner

We will soon be supporting a direct Website Payments Pro integration but I can't give you a firm date on that. Hopefully it wont be more than a month or so but that remains to be determined after our meetings with the PayPal product people.

8. 8 Posted by richard on 09 Aug, 2011 10:15 PM

thks for your reply- OK so our WPP account is redundant if its going to take that long. You also can' t sign for payflow pro from the UK so that info isn't correct so Im told by PP.

It looks like we are down to just Payvision as the only way we can work with CG?

I picked up a reference to paymaster in another thread- is this another option?

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Aug, 2011 12:50 PM

It looks like we are down to just Payvision as the only way we can work with CG?

At this moment, yes. We have a call scheduled with the PP folks about some new API features. With that information, we'll be unifying all of our 3 PP integrations (including WPP). I can't give you a firm timeline on that so you might consider going with Payvision.

I picked up a reference to paymaster in another thread- is this another option?

Paymaster doesn't ring a bell. Which thread?

10. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:30 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM