Hosted page referring to customer code I didn't input

daemianmack

29 Jul, 2011 02:39 AM

I recently used a custom customer code for a test customer on the hosted page. This worked as expected.

Now, attempting to create another test customer without a customer code gives me a validation error -- (412) code:CustomerCodeNotUnique -- as though I'm attempting to use a previous customer code, when I'm not. I'm attempting to use no customer code at all.

I understand the docs recommend we use customer codes for all customers, and we intend to, but this seems like behavior we shouldn't be running into.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Jul, 2011 01:52 PM

Hi -- That sounds like the session is remembering your "intended" customer code. Try clearing your domain cookies before attempting the request without a customer code.

2. 2 Posted by Felix Ding on 15 Dec, 2011 05:46 AM

Just signed up for a developer plan this morning and I have already came across this issue. This is really annoying.

I didn't use any "Customer Code" or whatsoever, the only thing I have done was creating a simple Product and trying out to pay, which should be dead simple.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Dec, 2011 03:00 PM

CheddarGetter requires a customer code. If you don't pass your own customer code (usually the unique id for the customer in your app) to the hosted create page, the customer's email address is used by default. This is not recommended. Best practice is to pass your customer code. Have you seen the docs here? http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/hosted-payment-pages/hosted-pay...

4. Dean closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 03:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM