Common causes for error code 401, AuxCode 2001

Frank Koehl

27 Jan, 2010 11:16 PM

I'm taking my final steps toward launch (woohoo!), and am now testing my CG account & code against my personal Auth.net account (as opposed to the developer account). Unfortunately, my very first dry run ran me into this error:

The configuration at the gateway is incompatible (Code:401 AuxCode:2001)

I already understand from reading the Error Handling FAQ that this is a problem on the Auth.net side of things, but I am hoping you can provide me some more insight so I don't have to deal with their phone support. My account is currently in test mode, will that cause this error? Are there any other common causes I can look into?

Aside: Do you know what test CC numbers will work through the CG system with an Auth.net account in test mode?

My CG account is under the provided email address.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 28 Jan, 2010 03:05 PM

Good news! You're on your way to cheddar!

You can always find more information about errors in the error report. We definitely need to make the documentation about that report more conspicuous...

It is because of test mode as you theorized. The Authorize.Net test mode is a bit annoying because it doesn't really let you do anything. Any transaction will fail. You're better off in live mode. Just run your tests in live mode and then immediately void the "test" transactions and delete the "test" customers from CG.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2010 03:05 PM.

3. Frank Koehl re-opened this discussion on 28 Jan, 2010 04:11 PM

4. 2 Posted by Frank Koehl on 28 Jan, 2010 04:11 PM

You can always find more information about errors in the error report. We definitely need to make the documentation about that report more conspicuous...

That's awesome! I didn't even know that was there, and I've been through all your KB articles and FAQ's. It definitely needs to be more prominent.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the error. I guess it's time to put bullets in the gun and go for live fire testing.

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2010 04:27 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM