Email invoices not being received in some cases

Brandon Elliott

15 Aug, 2013 03:38 PM

We are getting reports (about 2% so far) that email invoices are not being delivered. We used to provide PDF invoices, so these customers are complaining that they cannot get the PDFs and now they cannot receive the emails. What are we to do?

We follow all best practices for email, are not listed in any email blacklists, employ DKIM and fully qualified SPF records, and we have applied to all major whitelists, such as AOL and Comcast. There isn't much more that we can do to ensure our emails get through.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Aug, 2013 03:49 PM

Hi Brandon -- This is a tricky situation as I'm sure you know. I see you're using gmail's SMTP. I don't recommend that. Gmail's SMTP has its limitations, intentional and otherwise. First, I suggest to use a SMTP that specializes in transactional emails. We're quite happy with Sendgrid but there are others (e.g., Postmarkapp, MailGun, etc). SendGrid, in particular provides a searchable log of sent mail so you can confirm that the recipient's mail server excepted the message. They also log bounces and spam blocks among other things. You can also use CG's BCC feature to record a log of messages in your own inbox. I see you're already doing that. Unfortunately that doesn't help with understanding deliverability, only that CG sent it.

2. 2 Posted by Brandon Elliott on 15 Aug, 2013 07:14 PM

We have signed up with SendGrid and will see how it goes.

3. Brandon Elliott closed this discussion on 15 Aug, 2013 07:14 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM