Billing Questions - Setting Up Items

jason

25 May, 2011 02:41 AM

Hey everyone! So... I have poured through the KB articles and have a billing scenario I haven't uncovered. Here is what I am looking to do:

• weekly delivery service
  • client billed monthly based off of number of weeks receiving service during the month
  • possibility that the monthly amounts will vary based on suspension of service for one week of the month
  • two billing classes (i.e. one at $45 / week, one at $70 / week)

Any recommendations on how to set this up?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 25 May, 2011 07:48 PM

So, let me make sure I understand... You want to bill everyone monthly. The amount an individual is billed is a flat rate plus the number of deliveries over 4 each month (4 deliveries are included). Further, you have a single bushel delivery and a double bushel delivery.

Ok, so as long as I understand that correctly, we can accomodate. I suggest two pricing plans (like what you have) and one tracked item (not two). One plan for each "billing class" as you put it. The tracked item would be called "deliveries", for example. The included amount would be 4 and the overage amount would be $45 on the single bushel plan and $75 on the double bushel plan. Also be sure to set the check the "periodic" checkbox for the item.

Then, you set the quantity of the item for a customer to the number of deliveries received in the month by that customer.

Does that make sense?

2. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 08:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM