Hosted Pages upgrade doesn't support cancelled users on free plans

jordanvs

17 May, 2011 03:57 PM

Hey guys,
I created the url for a specific test customer to reach its update hosted page (/update). This test user was on a free plan, but had a subscription that was cancelled.

I should mention that your ruby code to generate the 10 character hash is not correct - at least for ruby 1.9. I used:
Digest::MD5.hexdigest(customer_code + '|' + product_code)[0..9]

I got to the page and couldn't do much. See the screenshot for details.

Jordan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 May, 2011 04:33 PM

Jordan -- Sorry for the delay. This is an odd situation. We've been meaning to implement a method to "reactivate" a canceled subscription without payment info for some time. However, I'd like to understand your use case. If a free account is canceled, in order to reactivate, do you require that they signup for a paid plan or can they reactivate on the free plan?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 19 May, 2011 04:33 PM

Oh, and thanks for the ruby code improvement.

3. 3 Posted by jordanvs on 19 May, 2011 05:46 PM

No problem: here's the use case:

• The user is signed up initially on a free plan
    • The user hates everything to do with us and cancels their free 'trial' plan (or it expires)
    • The user decides that we didn't actually de-claw all those cats and scam all those charities on purpose, so they want to resubscribe
    • We direct them to the /update page to do so
    • They reach the page but there is no way to choose a paid plan or to give us any payment information. I say choose a paid plan because we wouldn't want to give them another trial. The only thing they can do at this stage is click the Update button which throws the error shown in the screenshot's flash message (indicating that there should be CC info included in the main form somewhere).

Does this help at all?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 01 Jun, 2011 03:42 PM

Jordan -- Sorry for the delayed response. I think this has actually been fixed for some time. Let us know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2011 03:42 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM