Multiple transaction hooks sent for PayPal echecks

jnemeth

14 Feb, 2013 10:26 PM

I'm seeing some odd behavior and wanted to see what you recommend. It looks like if someone is billed and pays via a PayPal echeck, we are seeing lots of transaction hooks sent back for the same invoice. For example, it send back a APPROVED, then immediately a FAILED (PayPal echeck settlement failed). This seems to continue until the echeck eventually does work or CG gives up trying.

What I'm planning to do is log all FAILED, but only maintain one APPROVED row for that invoice id. If I get an approval hook, I'll just update the record. This way, I won't have duplicate approvals. Then I guess I'd need to look at the timestamp and only count it as approved if there is no failure after that date.

Is this the best way to handle this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Feb, 2013 03:53 PM

Hi Justin -- Each of the hooks you're receiving after the initial approved hook are triggered by PayPal's IPNs. The status of an echeck transaction can change over time. CG receives an IPN for each status change. All echeck transactions are initially approved. There's no way to know anything else until a subsequent IPN is received.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM