State field not populating on Hosted Payment Page

Frank Koehl

06 Feb, 2013 09:11 PM

When I redirect customers to the Hosted Payment Page, I pass in full address details. All of the values populate in the associated boxes with the exception of the State/Province dropdown, which stays empty.

Looking at the source, there's a hidden input called subscription-ccState, followed by the select element....

<input type="text" name="subscription[ccState]" id="subscription-ccState" value="NJ" class="text ccState required" />               
<select name="subscription[ccStateUS]" id="subscription-ccStateUS" class="select hide ccState">
. . .

In this example, I passed ccState=NJ to the URL, so the hidden field is correct, the associated select just doesn't display the proper value.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Feb, 2013 10:48 PM

Hi Frank -- Thanks for reporting this and the detail. The Canadian and US states select is a relatively new feature that broke pre-populating the state. We've just released a fix. Let us know if you have any further trouble.

2. 2 Posted by Frank Koehl on 13 Feb, 2013 08:46 PM

Sorry, I'm still seeing the same behavior.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Feb, 2013 11:17 PM

Can you give me a link? Could it be cached in your browser? It was a javascript change...

4. 4 Posted by Frank Koehl on 14 Feb, 2013 02:06 PM

Cleared cache, tried several browsers, and several different computers to make sure.

Here's a test link:

https://windchime-dev.chargevault.com/update?method=cc&amp;key=b610...

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Feb, 2013 02:18 PM

Thanks Frank -- Sorry for the hassle. It had only been fixed on the create page. It's fixed on update now, too.

6. 6 Posted by Frank Koehl on 14 Feb, 2013 06:32 PM

There we go!

Sorry, the difference between the create and update versions didn't even dawn on me.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Feb, 2013 06:44 PM

No prob. It's an architecture flaw of our own that the mechanism for prepopulating the fields is different for each. Thanks again for the report.

8. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2013 06:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM