how many users allowed on free account?

james

05 May, 2011 02:22 PM

Hi,

we're currently in beta and are about to start integrating CG into our app. Please can you let me know how many non paying customers we're allowed on our free account? We already have 1250 accounts on the beta and this is steadily growing. We probably won't start charging for at least another 6 weeks, so won't have any transactions occurring till then.

Cheers,

James

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 May, 2011 02:40 PM

Hi James, the legacy plan called "Free" only allows 20 customers regardless of whether or not they pay you. On the new pricing model, the entry level plan is currently $9/mo + $0.25/transaction and is only PayPal enabled. The next level is $79/mo + $20/transaction and includes the CheddarGateway.

What are your plans for a billing solution? Have you been seeing our emails and blog posts about new pricing, hosted pages, PayPal, etc.?

2. 2 Posted by james on 05 May, 2011 02:51 PM

Hi Marc,

thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed on your pricing page it says 'Manage up to 1000 customers for free'. Which plan does that apply to?

We're not sure of our plans at the moment. They're kind of dependent on whether or not we're successful with our merchant application. We're just getting everything in order at the moment and should be applying in the next week or so.

We've already integrated CG plans and subscriptions into our backend using a free account. We're considering getting the entry level account for the time being, but are wondering, due to the paypal integration, whether this will now require more development on our part? Is it possible to hook up the entry level CG account and not actually hook up a paypal account until we start charging?

Cheers,

James

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 May, 2011 03:32 PM

I noticed on your pricing page it says 'Manage up to 1000 customers for free'. Which plan does that apply to?

That's the "Dev" mode on the old "Free" plan. See attached.

We're considering getting the entry level account for the time being, but are wondering, due to the paypal integration, whether this will now require more development on our part?

Just a little. If you're doing a full integration, here's some light reading: https://cheddargetter.tenderapp.com/kb/api-8/using-paypal-with-the-api

Is it possible to hook up the entry level CG account and not actually hook up a paypal account until we start charging?

That's not actually a use case we've tested so it's not officially supported but it could work. The trouble could come in when you have existing customers, then try to switch from the PayPal simulator to a live PayPal config. In other words, that would be an attempt to use an account in developer mode in a production environment. The results of that are unknown.

4. 4 Posted by james on 05 May, 2011 03:38 PM

Thanks again Marc.

I'm just on my way out, so i'll take a look at that when i get back and let you know if i have any other questions.

Cheers,

James

5. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 05:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM