error 5000

ron campbell

15 Jan, 2011 03:52 PM

we're getting 5000 errors from cheddargetter for a subscription signup, it's the first time a customer has tried to subscribe on our new app but I can subscribe with my own credit card. He is using visa, I'm test with american express - any ideas?
There was an error processing the transaction - isn't very descriptive.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Jan, 2011 04:47 PM

Hi Ron -- You can usually find increased detail in the error log: https://cheddargetter.com/admin/report/errors

In this case, it's a 290 error from Authorize.Net. 290 is a fairly new error code which is tied to the validation mode setting. When using liveMode, Visa requires a full AVS check which means street address and zip code are required. There is quite a bit of commentary on this subject near the bottom of the following article. The 290 error is specifically referenced at the very bottom:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/getting-started-19/configuring-...

2. 2 Posted by ron campbell on 15 Jan, 2011 05:02 PM

ok, that's what the problem was. If I use the oldlvemode it looks like I can bypass the requirement temporarily but will the customer have to enter the address at bill time (we are using 30 day free).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Jan, 2011 05:13 PM

While in oldLiveMode, the address is not required. Authorize.Net has given no indication of how long oldLiveMode will be supported. However, I expect that Authorize.Net will notify merchants well in advance of ending support for the setting.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 04:02 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM