trial problems

's Avatar

nigekelly

15 Dec, 2010 05:27 PM

Hi

Just noting some issues in evaluating cheddar getter. Hope these can be overcome with API Rest.
(1) My company is based in the UK. We charge VAT to other UK companies but not to non UK companies. When I test creating a new customer VAT is always charged. Does the API give me more options so the system can dynamically assess when VAT is to be charged? (2) I set up my account in GBP. And I quote in GBP on the subscription plans. However when I do a test subscribe the invoice emailed to me is in USD. Does the API give me the option to change this default behavior regarding invoices? (3) The default invoices does not include my company address. Again can I solve this with the API?

Thanks

Nigel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Dec, 2010 08:00 PM

Hi Nigel -- Thanks for the feedback!

(1) My company is based in the UK. We charge VAT to other UK companies but not to non UK companies. When I test creating a new customer VAT is always charged. Does the API give me more options so the system can dynamically assess when VAT is to be charged?

Have you seen this? http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/operational-how-tos/vat-support

(2) I set up my account in GBP. And I quote in GBP on the subscription plans. However when I do a test subscribe the invoice emailed to me is in USD. Does the API give me the option to change this default behavior regarding invoices?

This is on our short list for development. However, the invoice shown in the email is the default invoice. The email templates are fully customizable. For the invoice itself, CG provides a convenience of embedding an invoice layout which is built behind the scenes. You could use your own invoice layout using the template customization options.

(3) The default invoices does not include my company address. Again can I solve this with the API?

Similar to (2), you can add that to the email templates.

2. 2 Posted by Nigel Kelly on 16 Dec, 2010 08:46 AM

Thanks Marc.

answered my questions.

On 15 Dec 2010, at 20:01, Marc Guyer wrote:

> http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/operational-how-tos/vat-support

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 16 Dec, 2010 04:27 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM