Payment failures - no clues as to reason

subs

03 Oct, 2012 05:50 PM

Hi we had a customer try and pay with Amex - since we don't accept amex this failed... but there are no traces to be found in the reports... He then tried a Visa card and that also failed and again we cannot see a "failed" payment in the cheddargateway area.... We are struggling to see how we can catch errors if there are no clues as to what is happening - can you shed any light on this?

Thanks
Christina

1. 1 Posted by subs on 04 Oct, 2012 05:19 PM

hi - my customer persevered and eventually managed to make payment last evening (on his ipad) - I see a test transaction has been done - do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks Christina

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 04 Oct, 2012 06:06 PM

Hi Christina -- The problem is intermittent and is related to the validation transaction void. We're speculating that it's a timing issue between the initial auth validation and the auth void and is isolated to your Payvision account. I've checked your config and your plans are set to bill on signup. Validation transaction for new subscriptions is redundant since an initial transaction is run on signup. I've removed the validation transaction config for you. You shouldn't see this sort of error in the future.

3. 3 Posted by subs on 04 Oct, 2012 08:10 PM

Thanks for this Mark.

4. subs closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2012 08:10 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM