Duplicate Tranaction Error

Marc Guyer

09 Aug, 2010 02:18 PM

I'm getting "Duplicate transaction REFID:109161750" while testing live transactions.

When I register a subscription through my site, it works once. The next attempt to register with the same credit card fails with the above message. This seems to indicate that I can not get 2 subscriptions by the same credit card. is that true?

also, deleting the account in cheddargetter doesn't seem to immediately allow me to process the test again. using a new credit card goes through.

i'm having a hard time understanding this behavior. was hoping you'd have some insight.

i've enclosed further details below.

--e

I'm trying to test payments and I'm getting a lot of:

id=1974669

code=400

auxcode=1001

message="The record already exists"

300:Duplicate transaction REFID:109161750

in my error reporting at https://cheddargetter.com/admin/report/errors (obviously this link won't work)

Checking the error docs at http://support.cheddargetter.com/faqs/api-8/error-handling doesn't help. The closest is
code=500, auxcode=1001, which "should never happen". The docs also say that code=400 is a bad request and can be fixed in my app.

This is incorrect though because I can also get correctly authed and charged payments with the same configuration of my app. i've tried several permuatations of deleting my account after creating it and then reregistering and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. it seems non-deterministic, which obviously shouldn't be true, but I'm at my wit's end.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Aug, 2010 04:52 PM

Hi E-

CheddarGateway has a built-in duplicate checker turned on by default with a 20 minute window. We can turn that off for you or reduce the checking window to your specification.

2. 2 Posted by E on 09 Aug, 2010 05:04 PM

oof. that makes sense. twas quite frustrating to figure out why it wasn't
    working.

i can't really find much cheddargateway documentation. is that pending or
    am i just not looking hard enough?

--e

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Aug, 2010 05:08 PM

It's pending but there isn't really much to it. We already sent you what we have so far. There are some resources within CGateway itself but we'll be supplementing what's there.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2010 05:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM