Reactivation not working

chris

24 May, 2012 05:09 AM

When I go into the backend customer area there are several 'canceled' customers. When I click on one of these customers and then click on the 'Customer's update page' I update the subscription and the confirmation page says I'm subscribed to the new subscription I updated to.

But when I go back to my backend customers page, it still says 'cancelled.' I can do this repeatedly and it will never catch.

Any help on how to get the customers subscription update to change a customer from cancelled to active?

BTW - the product I'm canceling and trying to reactivate is a free product, where the subscription carries no fee.

1. 1 Posted by chris on 25 May, 2012 03:28 PM

Hey, I appreciate all the help that I've received so far. Moving along nicely!

I still, though, can't figure out how to reactivate a customer. Even from the web GUI, if I click on a customer, update their subscription, it still says they are cancelled.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 25 May, 2012 08:55 PM

Hi Chris -- A canceled subscription can only be reactivated with payment information. That probably sounds odd for a free subscription but that's the way it works. We find that it's unnecessary to cancel free accounts. Instead, it can be deleted and recreated.

3. 3 Posted by chris on 25 May, 2012 09:14 PM

Makes sense. Thank you!

Chris
    --- sent from my iPhone

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 25 May, 2012 09:36 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM