API Access unauthorized.

hello

10 Apr, 2012 06:46 AM

Getting an error on the API, we haven't changed anything from our side, just happened over the weekend:

Uncaught exception 'CheddarGetter_Response_Exception' with message 'API Access unauthorized.

We run a series of CG checks so in essence our entire site is down.

Thanks for your help...

1. 1 Posted by hello on 10 Apr, 2012 06:50 AM

Account is associated with: [email blocked]

2. 2 Posted by hello on 10 Apr, 2012 07:12 AM

I also saw a billing expiry notification upon logging in, so I updated that too, still getting the issue (so not sure if it's that). Cheers

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Apr, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Noel -- The expired payment was the problem. Your API access has been reenabled. Several notifications where sent to [email blocked], the owner account email. You can change the owner account if you're not receiving emails at that address in the manage users interface.

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2012 12:01 PM.

5. hello re-opened this discussion on 10 Apr, 2012 12:09 PM

6. 4 Posted by hello on 10 Apr, 2012 12:09 PM

Thanks Mark,

I understand the ultimately it's my responsibility (no question there), but it would be nice to receive notifications. Here's an extract from that account for the CG search term:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/038365033

The last billing related e-mail I received was in Feb as you can see. I also didn't get the impression from the dashboard notification that the API had been shut down, it would be good to have stronger wording there. Like said, not pointing fingers, just think the process could use a cursory review. Cheers!

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Apr, 2012 01:04 PM

Hi Noel -- Thanks for letting us know. On Feb 18, we received a hard bounce when sending to that email:

554 5.7.1 [email blocked]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

When we get a hard bounce, our smtp provider stops attempting to send to that address. I've cleared the bounce so our provider will begin attempts to that address.

I also didn't get the impression from the dashboard notification that the API had been shut down, it would be good to have stronger wording there.

Thanks for the suggestion. We're always eager to improve the system. This is on our todo list. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

8. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2012 01:04 PM.

9. hello re-opened this discussion on 10 Apr, 2012 02:18 PM

10. 6 Posted by hello on 10 Apr, 2012 02:18 PM

Hey Mark,

Hmm, awkward (it's just google apps), but certainly makes sense that we dropped off the radar then.

Thanks again & apologies for the late payment!

Noel

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Marc Guyer on 10 Apr, 2012 03:54 PM

No apology necessary. Email isn't perfect, though thankfully the Goog has gotten it pretty close. We use Google Apps as well and appreciate it very much despite its few flaws.

Also on our todo is to detect bounces automatically so we can handle this type of situation preemptively. Again, this happens so infrequently that it unfortunately dictates a low priority.

Thanks for understanding.

12. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 10 Apr, 2012 03:54 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM