Gateway Simulation Mode - not working?

mphillips

04 Apr, 2012 10:59 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to do some initial testing with my CG account and am wanting to simulate charges without actually charging anything. From the KB article below, it seems to suggest that this is how my basic account should already be configured, but when I attempt to add a customer to a plan that charges immediately I get the following error.

Have I misunderstood how the Gateway Simulation Mode should work? Have I managed to misconfigure something? Can I get my account set up so that I can test out making charges and payments without actually having to pay myself?

Hope you can help.

[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> No gateway found of type 'cc'. Maybe you haven't configured a billing solution yet.
]

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/getting-started-19/dont-have-a-...
"SIgnup for a free CheddarGetter account. By default, your account will be in gateway simulation mode. This typically does not need to be changed. You can configure CheddarGetter to behave exactly the way you want it to behave and utilize the API to present a billing interface to your customers. In simulation mode, all interaction with a gateway is simulated. No matter which live gateway you end up using, the API responses will be the same whether in development with simulation mode or in production with a live gateway. Go ahead and get started!"

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 04 Apr, 2012 12:25 PM

Hi Martin -- It appears that you've only chosen the PayPal standard billing solution here:

https://cheddargetter.com/admin/setup/billing-solution

It also appears that you are attempting an API call to create a customer/subscription. If you're not passing in the parameter subscription[method]=paypal then the API will assume that you intend to use a credit card billing method. You don't have a cc simulator enabled.

With which billing solution do you intend to charge your customers?

2. 2 Posted by mphillips on 04 Apr, 2012 12:38 PM

Longer term we'll be using credit card billing through Authorize.Net, but at the moment I'm just wanting to try stuff out making payments without any payments really being charged anywhere.

I hadn't realized that I'd turned the paypal bit on. If I turn it off again will that enable the simulation mode? Do I have to do anything to specifically reenable it?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 04 Apr, 2012 12:41 PM

Turning on any of those billing solutions enables simulation mode for that specific solution. No real money can be transacted until after you start paying CG and you configure live credentials for the chosen billing solution.

4. 4 Posted by mphillips on 04 Apr, 2012 12:45 PM

Fantastic! Thank you very much - I hadn't realized I should configure it that way. I've enabled the Merchant Account and Gateway and now it's working!

Thank you for your help.

Martin.

5. mphillips closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2012 12:45 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM