Plan error on edit-subscription.

Will Chase

25 Feb, 2012 04:59 PM

When using edit-subscription I submit a plan that has 5 agents and I'm submitting with 6 agents (one extra). The future invoice shows correct and charges for one extra agent. The immediate invoice however charges for all six (see attached image). There's also an issue that the immediate charge uses the monthly fee per agent rather than quarterly. This may be my error. Not sure yet. I don't see why the primary fee is properly quarterly however while the "extras" are using the monthly price.

1. 1 Posted by Will Chase on 25 Feb, 2012 05:15 PM

I use set-item-quantity of agents to 6. Plan is quarterly. First invoice charging monthly price and all 6 agents even though plan provides for 5. Second invoice charges for one extra agent at correct monthly price. (plan attached).

2. 2 Posted by Will Chase on 25 Feb, 2012 05:22 PM

Also note efax is using improper "monthly" price on first (immediate) invoice but proper quarterly price on 2nd invoice. I suspect this all has to do with the fact that the user was on a monthly trial invoice and now has chosen to commit to product via quarterly billing. It seems cheddar is using existing product pricing info to configure extra pricing rather than pricing off of the plan submitted. This would also account for the charge for 6 extra agents (rather than correct 1 extra agent) due to trial product allowing for zero agents rather than quarterly plan of 5. I would think issue on my end except for the fact that cheddar gets the primary product right and charges for the quarterly version on BOTH the immediate AND future invoice.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 27 Feb, 2012 02:31 PM

Hi Will -- It's difficult to tell what's going on without more info. I've enabled some extra logging on your LoadPilotTest account. That'll help. Can you replicate the behavior you're referring to? If so, please send us a timestamp and a link to the related customer. Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by Will Chase on 27 Feb, 2012 07:24 PM

Will do. Will be about 4:30 mtn time. Will update here when done.

5. 5 Posted by Will Chase on 27 Feb, 2012 11:04 PM

Ok, account is Joe Tester. Can you see the error I'm describing?

6. 6 Posted by Will Chase on 27 Feb, 2012 11:05 PM

7. 7 Posted by Will Chase on 28 Feb, 2012 04:34 PM

Any ideas? Thanks!

8. 8 Posted by Will Chase on 29 Feb, 2012 03:23 PM

Hello! Do you still see this thread? Thanks! It seems that cheddar is pulling items outside primary product from existing product rather than one changed to. Can you please confirm and update as to intention? Thanks!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Feb, 2012 04:03 PM

Hi Will -- This appears correct. On plan change to a "prorated" plan, the new plan recurring charge is billed and the existing "usage" is billed according to the previous plan settings. This is done because the recurring, flat charge is considered to be an in-advance charge and usage charges are billed in arrears. The type of scenario you've described is documented in detail here:

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-chan...

This can unfortunately be a bit complicated especially when involving different billing frequencies, tracked item overage and prorating. As such, it can be difficult to understand. Please let us know if we can help further.

10. Dean closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2013 10:39 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM